Next set of instructions. After being sure that any malware is gone, we will investigate the long boot-up issue.
Batch file run
We need to run a batch script command.
Please zip & attach that file to your next post.
To zip it:
- right-click on the Application.evtx icon.
- choose Send to option and pick up Compressed Folder. It should appear in the same location the original one is present.
To attach it:
- after typing in your message, click More reply options instead of Post.
- below the post preview and the post editor, you should be able to see Attach files option - please click Choose file.
- in the pop-up window navigate to the desktop. Choose the one named Application.zip and attach it.
If the file will be to big to attach it (it may happen), then please host it on a Dropbox account or a site like mediafire.com, providing me the link to the uploaded file.
Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.
- Install the progam and select update.
- Once updated, click the Settings tab, in the left panel choose Detctions & protection and tick Scan for rootkits.
- Click the Scan tab, choose Threat Scan is checked and click Scan Now.
- If threats are detected, click the Apply Actions button. You will now be prompted to reboot. Click Yes.
- Upon completion of the scan (or after the reboot), click the History tab.
- Click Application Logs and double-click the Scan Log.
- At the bottom click Export and choose Text file.
Save the file to your desktop and include its content in your next reply.
Scan with ESET Online Scanner
This step can only be done using Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
Temporary disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware protection - instructions here.
Please visit ESET Online Scanner website.
Click there Run ESET Online Scanner.
If using Internet Explorer:
- Allow the running of add-on.
If using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome:
- Download esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe that you'll be given link to.
- Double click esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe.
To perform the scan:
- Make sure that Remove found threats is unchecked.
- Scan archives is checked.
- In Advanced Settings: Scan for potentially unwanted applications, Scan for potentially unsafe applications and Enable Anti-Stealth technology are checked.
- Click Start
- The program will begin to download it's virus database. The speed may vary depending on your Internet connection.
- When completed, the program will begin to scan. This may take several hours. Please, be patient.
- Do not do anything on your machine as it may interrupt the scan.
- When the scan is done, click Finish.
- A logfile will be created at C:\Program Files (x86)\ESET\ESET Online Scanner. Open it using Notepad.
Please include this logfile in your next reply.
Don't forget to re-enable previously switched-off protection software!