Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU temperature not accurate

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

My BIOS temperture, I assume, is correct at 36-38 degrees celcius in the BIOS but every 3rd party programme I download keeps giving a value of 12-15 degree celcius which cant be correct becuase ambient room temp is at least 22 degrees. The problem is I want to overclock my CPU and I have to monitor the temperature but I can't unless I go into the BIOS.

What could I do to be able to correct this? Is there a way of bringing up the temperature of the CPU from the BIOS while running windows and not having to go into the BIOS by restarting the PC?

MoBo: Asus M5A97 EVo

CPU: FX 6300

Hope you can help,

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

What could I do to be able to correct this? Is there a way of bringing up the temperature of the CPU from the BIOS while running windows and not having to go into the BIOS by restarting the PC?

Hello! There is no way I know of, running windows and being in the BIOS at the same time. I don't see how that could be possible.

What 3rd party software are you using to monitor temps, and why do you think they are not accurate, besides the room temperature.

I agree that 12-15C is not realistic.

Can you attach a screen shot with a program like Speedfan??  http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php I would like to see temps like 12-15C

That's pretty low. Do you have a water cooled PC?