Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer running slow, check up needed. [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Hezvex

Hezvex

• Pip
  • 3 posts
OTL Logs

SecurityCheck Log
Results of screen317's Security Check version 0.99.85  

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 (UAC is disabled!)  
 Internet Explorer 11  
``````````````Antivirus/Firewall Check:`````````````` 
 Windows Firewall Enabled!  
avast! Antivirus   
 Antivirus out of date!  
`````````Anti-malware/Other Utilities Check:````````` 
 JavaScript Tooling    
 Visual Studio Extensions for Windows Library for JavaScript 
 Java version out of Date! 
  Adobe Flash Player 13.0.0.214 Flash Player out of Date!  
 Adobe Reader XI  
 Mozilla Firefox (30.0) 
 Google Chrome 35.0.1916.153  
````````Process Check: objlist.exe by Laurent````````  
 AVAST Software Avast AvastSvc.exe  
 AVAST Software Avast AvastUI.exe  
`````````````````System Health check````````````````` 
 Total Fragmentation on Drive C: 1% 
````````````````````End of Log``````````````````````

Edited by Hezvex, 07 July 2014 - 09:29 PM.

Advertisements

Hezvex

Hezvex

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

Hi Hezvex :)

Sincere apologies for the delay ~
If you still would like assistance, I'm 23red, you may call me Cindy if you wish, and it'll be my pleasure to assist you with your problem.  I am currently reviewing your log. 

It would be much appreciated if you posted the logs here ;)   as it makes it easier to work with. Our work is here.  Thank you :)

In the meantime, I'd be grateful if you would note the following:

•  Please make sure to carefully read every post completely before doing anything.

•  If you're not sure, or if something unexpected happens do not continue! Stop and ask!  It is not a problem.

•  Please do not run any other scans or other software on your computer unless asked as it may make this repair more difficult.

•  Please stick with me until all malware is gone from your system.  Malware removal is not an instant process, just because you no longer see any symptoms it does not necessarily mean your system is completely clear.

•  Please copy/paste to Notepad and save my instructions as a text file on your desktop, or print them out, as you may not be able to access this thread at times.

Back up your data. I will not knowingly suggest your any course that might damage your system but sometimes Malware infections are so severe that only option we have is to re-format and re-install the operating system.

•  As I am currently in training, I will be helping you under the supervision of our Expert Teachers.   As such, there will likely be a delay between posts.   I do my best to respond as quick as I can.  I, like everyone else here am also a volunteer and sometimes life keeps me busy  ;)

•  Thank you for your understanding and I appreciate your patience.

Please allow some time to go through the logs you posted.  I'll post back as soon as possible.

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

Welcome :D

There's a few items that are in need of attention, we'll start here:

Step 1

Peer to Peer Warning

Looking through your log, I've also noticed you have uTorrent installed. 
GeeksToGo does not recommend using such programs.  You should read the description of Peer-to-Peer programs below and decide for yourself.

Description of Peer-to-Peer (P2P) software:

P2P(Peer-to-Peer) may be a great way to get lots of seemingly freeware, but it is a great way to get infected as well. The program(s) may be safe, but there's no way to tell if the file being shared is infected. P2P programs, more often than not, install adware and/or spyware and worse still, some worms spread via P2P networks, infecting you as well.
Once upon a time, P2P file sharing was fairly safe. This is no longer true. P2P programs form a direct conduit inside your computer, their security measures are easily circumvented, and malware writers are increasingly exploiting them to spread their wares on to your computer. If your P2P program is not configured correctly, your computer may also be sharing more files than you realize. There have been cases where people's passwords, address books and other personal, private, and financial details have been exposed to a file sharing network by a badly configured program.

If you still need convincing, please read these short reports on the dangers of peer-2-peer programs and file sharing.

•  FBI Cyber Education Letter

•  infoworld

My suggestion would be for you to uninstall this Optional Removal:

µTorrent

The choice is yours.  If you decide to keep it, please refrain from using it until we are finished with cleaning.

Step 2

OTL Fix

•  Please right click on xotlicon_png_pagespeed_ic_fh_U5UM1EN.jpg on your Desktop, choose Run as Administrator, accept UAC prompts.

•  Under OTLcustomscansboxtitle.jpg in the textbox at the bottom, please paste in the following text:

:Commands
[CREATERESTOREPOINT]
:OTL
PRC - [2014/04/21 10:42:05 | 000,076,888 | ---- | M] () -- C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrA.exe
O3:64bit: - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (no name) - {CC1A175A-E45B-41ED-A30C-C9B1D7A0C02F} - No CLSID value found.
O1364bit: - gopher Prefix: missing
O13 - gopher Prefix: missing
O18:64bit: - Protocol\Handler\skype4com - No CLSID value found
O18 - Protocol\Handler\ms-help - No CLSID value found
[2014/05/21 16:59:58 | 000,242,951 | ---- | C] () -- C:\ProgramData\1400655519.bdinstall.bin
[2014/05/21 16:52:01 | 000,458,427 | ---- | C] () -- C:\ProgramData\1400654789.bdinstall.bin   
[2013/12/29 10:00:09 | 000,254,919 | ---- | C] () -- C:\ProgramData\1388275148.bdinstall.bin
[2013/12/23 11:08:44 | 001,116,364 | ---- | C] () -- C:\ProgramData\1387759118.bdinstall.bin
[2014/04/21 10:42:07 | 000,290,776 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Windows\SysWow64\PnkBstrB.exe

:Files
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\PnkBstrA.exe
netsh advfirewall reset /c
netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state on /c
ipconfig /flushdns /c
:Commands
[emptytemp]

•  Push the runfixbutton.jpg  button.

•  OTL may ask to reboot the machine. Please do so if asked. 

•  If the machine reboots, the log will be located at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log, (where mmddyyyy_hhmmss is the date of the tool run).

•  A massage box otlfixcompletebutton.jpg will pop-up.

•  Click the OK button and a report will open.

•  If the machine reboots, the log will be located at C:\_OTL\MovedFiles\mmddyyyy_hhmmss.log, (where mmddyyyy_hhmmss is the date of the tool run).

•  Copy and Paste that report in your next reply, please.

Step 3

Fresh OTL Scan

• Please right click on xotlicon_png_pagespeed_ic_fh_U5UM1EN.jpg Run as Administrator, accept UAC prompts.

Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.

• Please check the box next to Scan All Users.

• Click the xrunscan_png_pagespeed_ic_5vmMCx0K2t.png button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.

• When the scan completes, it will open a notepad window.

• Please copy (Edit ~> Select All,  Edit ~> Copy) the log it produces in your next reply.

Step 4

ASWMBR

• Download aswMBR.exe  to your desktop.

•Right click aswMBR.exe and Run as Administrator, accept UAC prompts

•It may ask if you want it to Download latest virus definitions at startup. Click Yes

downloadaswmbr.jpg

Click the [Scan] button to start scan.

aswmbr2.jpg

•On completion of the scan click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply

When you return please post here:

1.  OTL fix text

2.  Fresh OTL scan
3.  AswMBR log
4.  How is the computer running?  What types of issues are you now experiencing?

Thank you :)

23red

23red

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,797 posts

Everything ok?  Are you still  with us?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.