Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Moving a document to the Start page

• Please log in to reply

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

With a Windows 8 pc ... I want to place a certain WORD table (C:\folder\name,docx) onto the START page so that I can access it easily, How do I do that?.

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi batpark :)

What you are asking is really easy to do, please read this article here to see how you can do that. Sorry for the lazy answer as I'm on my phone at the moment ! :P

RobertCristofer

RobertCristofer

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Thankx for article!

batpark

batpark

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Aura: Your reply referenced a procedure called Tile A File that sounds perfect for what I want to do. But, sad to say, I am trouble using it (simple as it appears to be).

I downloaded Tile A File from the Store. The first screen says tap to load the file; but nothing happens when I do so! Can you please describe how I am supposed to use this app? --- batpark

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Aura: Your reply referenced a procedure called Tile A File that sounds perfect for what I want to do. But, sad to say, I am trouble using it (simple as it appears to be).
I downloaded Tile A File from the Store. The first screen says tap to load the file; but nothing happens when I do so! Can you please describe how I am supposed to use this app? --- batpark

I don't think you read the good article ! :o
Here's what I did, exactly like in the link I provided :
  • Create a shortcut of the file that you want to pin on the Start Menu (Right-click on it and select "Create Shortcut");
  • Copy that shortcut (Ctrl + C) and go in the following folder : C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Program and paste it there (Ctrl + V). UAC (Admin Rights) will be asked, accept them;
  • Then go on your Start Menu, type in the name of your document so the shortcut shows up in the search bar, and you'll be able to right-click it and select "Pin to Start Menu";
It will work :) No need for any third-party applications;