Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't read emails in Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

chrisf2

chrisf2

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have 2 identities with separate email addresses on my pc. I can send and receive emails, but I can't read the emails that I have received. I get the "From" and "Subject" in the top half of Outlook Express, but I do not get the body of the email in the bottom half of Outlook Express. However, I can read the emails if I receive them in Microsoft Outlook.

I have checked the "view" in Outlook Express and all the settings look fine. I have tried creating a new Identity to ensure that it is not a corrupt identity causing the problem. Neither of these have resolved the problem.

I have already run, AVG 7.0 Professional, Cleanup 4.0, Ad-aware SE, CWShredder, Spybot S & D 1.4, Ewido Security Suite, Trend Housecall, TDS-3, and Bazooka. All to no avail, the problem still persists.

It has been suggested to me that I may have a "denial of service attack". Does anyone know anything about this attack, or do you have any other ideas as to what my problem may be.

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Try this : Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Maintenance

Click the Clean Up Now button.

Click on Browse and select the folder with the problem, then click the Reset button.

The messages will then be reloaded from the server.