Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hi I followed a link here and got myself in trouble

• Please log in to reply

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
My windows 7 puter was lagging so I tried follow in advice in this. http://windowsinstru...-to/...and..now it won't start proper or connect out of safe mode and won't connect to the Internet. .can I reverse this :(...it says an error occurred in Microsoft. Net configuration file. ..any help would be appreciated! !

Advertisements

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello! your link is not valid Gives me a 404 error!

Please post your make, model, and OS!

Please explain the details as well as you can of what you did to cause your problem. You may have corrupted your Operating System??

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hi chicklet.

donetao

Beat me to it...:P Get em Gary! You big scary Bear!!!!! :pepsi:

Edited by HelpMeHelpYou, 29 July 2014 - 05:04 PM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hi chicklet.

I went to the link above but was (Page not available) was the 'not starting & no internet' problem previous to you trying to view that link?

Also what kind of PC are we working with? Model number, any upgrades, which Browser do you normally use?

Hey friend looks kike we tied. Welcome aboard. Lets see if we can help this member :laughing:

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

The link you had was a few characters to long... :) Try this link to help you get back up and running. I think this was what you were going for    http://windowsinstru...han-it-used-to/

Edited by HelpMeHelpYou, 29 July 2014 - 05:07 PM.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hi chicklet.

I went to the link above but was (Page not available) was the 'not starting & no internet' problem previous to you trying to view that link?

Also what kind of PC are we working with? Model number, any upgrades, which Browser do you normally use?

Hey friend looks kike we tied. Welcome aboard. Lets see if we can help this member :laughing:

Haha yes i was to slow at typing my message i should have just hit send and edited it later but im a failure & i accept this defeat...:)

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

The link you had was a few characters to long... :) Try this link to help you get back up and running. I think this was what you were going for    http://windowsinstru...han-it-used-to/

That's a good link! I don't see any thing there that would cause a problem.

Lets work together and help this member, I won't except your defeat.

PS We better get back on topic :laughing:

Edited by donetao, 29 July 2014 - 05:16 PM.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Yes i see lots of helpful tools on that page. None that would harm a pc. Unless used wrong.  Let us know if we can help you canadianchicklet

Edited by HelpMeHelpYou, 29 July 2014 - 08:26 PM.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

Wondering if the OP can boot into safe mode and restore to a earlier time. Need to know what was run to cause the problem.

I never understand why people start a topic and then never reply??? :headscratch: 

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hello canadianchicklet :)

From what I know, ZOEK shouldn't be used lightly as I guess it's in the same "class of tools" as OTL, DDS, HJT, etc. and should be used under the supervision of a professional.
May I ask you after which step exactly did your computer stopped booting in Normal Mode ? Because that's the main issue right now, right ?

Advertisements

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Hi!I'm reading this via my cell phone..I haven't read any other replies yet..I'll go to my lap top and do that now..but...it was after chkdsk...that the issue happened. ..before that. .Each reboot seemed fine...I wondered if..The auto run. .I unchecked a bunch of stuff..maybe I disabled something very important

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Hello!

First try to restore to a earlier time before these issues happened. chkdsk should not have caused a problem. Messing in auto run could have very well caused a problem!

doneato!

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Yes canadianchicklet  If you disable some things it will cause you to have a messy pc. Best solution is to wait until one of the Geekstogo Admins or someone that knows what there doing walk you through everything. Sorry this has happened to you but im 100% possitive that if you tell others what your looking at they will give you Extra good advice as in which way to go from there. Most people in this Topic already are all very good at fixing things. Post where your at and someone will help you :)

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Hi!I'm reading this via my cell phone..I haven't read any other replies yet..I'll go to my lap top and do that now..but...it was after chkdsk...that the issue happened. ..before that. .Each reboot seemed fine...I wondered if..The auto run. .I unchecked a bunch of stuff..maybe I disabled something very important

You shouldn't disable entries carelessly in Autoruns. Some essentials programs are listed in that utility, mostly drivers that are needed for your system to boot properly.
The best would be to give us the exact error message that you're getting so we can get more information about it.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

one of the first things i tried was restore to earlier time... it gave me one date as an option.. it didnt work... a friend went in and went to msconfig services and enabled all... i have no idea why.. and asked him to stop lol.. hes gone now... so i think we have done enough newbie damage... ill await instructions from the big scary bear professionals!!