Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

None Response issue

• Please log in to reply

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

From time to time I get a message that a specific program is Un Responsive or None Responsive, usually when using a word processor such as Microsoft Word or Open Office.

What is the cure for this?

Advertisements

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hello jsullivan33403

May we have your computer specs?

Edited by HelpMeHelpYou, 31 July 2014 - 08:15 PM.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Have you tried disabling java scripts in chrome?

but you will be left with no java. But if this helps the page not loading just try installing a 3rd party java app

Edited by HelpMeHelpYou, 31 July 2014 - 08:49 PM.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Whoa, what does disabling Java Script in Chrome have to do with Word or Open Office?

Also, Java Script is not the same as Java.

Jsullivan, what does Task Manager show when you get this non responsive problem? What is using the most CPU?

Providing your system specs would be useful as HMHU mentioned.

Let's see what starts when you boot your computer.

Download and run Startup List (does not need to be installed, just run it).
When done, click File then Save as and save Startuplist.txt to your Desktop or somewhere you can find it.
Start a reply here and paste the contents of Startuplist.txt into it.

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hi Ztruker

When i came to this Topic,

There was no Info on what kind of computer he had!

So i dug threw his profile until i found a post that jsullivan33403 said he had a Dell Optiplex GX280. Also using Google Chrome as a Browser

So i went to Google and Typed in ""Dell Optiplex GX280 gets Un Responsive or None Responsive in Google Chrome""

(My search brought up): "People that were experincing the same problem", 1st post someone said to "try disabling java scripts in chrome Browser you will be left with no java. But if this helps the page not loading just try installing a 3rd party java app,  It worked for them"  I was planning on going through the of soulutions from that page with with jsullivan33403

but he went offline so i moved onto another Topic. I do not own a Dell Computer Nor do i Use Google Chrome!

But i seen that he posted his problem in the Topics page and there were people Looking at his page but nobody was responding to him,

He was still online so i thought i would do my best to try and see if i would be any help, as i would like others do for me if i was in need of help.

Im sorry my Google Search box pulls up False information!!!....

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Hello jsullivan33403

May we have your computer specs?

Dell GX280 running under XP32 prof.

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I did not record task manager situation at the times it has occurred, but will do so in the future and get back with you.  Also, I am NOT aware of a Java replacement, but if you know of one, let me know.

Whoa, what does disabling Java Script in Chrome have to do with Word or Open Office?

Also, Java Script is not the same as Java.

Jsullivan, what does Task Manager show when you get this non responsive problem? What is using the most CPU?

Providing your system specs would be useful as HMHU mentioned.

Let's see what starts when you boot your computer.

Download and run Startup List (does not need to be installed, just run it).
When done, click File then Save as and save Startuplist.txt to your Desktop or somewhere you can find it.
Start a reply here and paste the contents of Startuplist.txt into it.

jsullivan33403

jsullivan33403

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Do you know of a third party Java application?

Hi Ztruker

When i came to this Topic,

There was no Info on what kind of computer he had!

So i dug threw his profile until i found a post that jsullivan33403 said he had a Dell Optiplex GX280. Also using Google Chrome as a Browser

So i went to Google and Typed in ""Dell Optiplex GX280 gets Un Responsive or None Responsive in Google Chrome""

(My search brought up): "People that were experincing the same problem", 1st post someone said to "try disabling java scripts in chrome Browser you will be left with no java. But if this helps the page not loading just try installing a 3rd party java app,  It worked for them"  I was planning on going through the of soulutions from that page with with jsullivan33403

but he went offline so i moved onto another Topic. I do not own a Dell Computer Nor do i Use Google Chrome!

But i seen that he posted his problem in the Topics page and there were people Looking at his page but nobody was responding to him,

He was still online so i thought i would do my best to try and see if i would be any help, as i would like others do for me if i was in need of help.

Im sorry my Google Search box pulls up False information!!!....

HelpMeHelpYou

HelpMeHelpYou

• PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Hello again jsullivan33403

Sorry i don't know of a third party Java application.

Have you made sure your up to date with patches for both Windows and Microsoft Word?

Also Check Anti-virus and anti-spyware packages on your system are working and have up to date databases.

Viruses and spyware can cause other programs or Windows as a whole to misbehave in various ways including causing applications to become unresponsive.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

What are your system specifications please? Speccy can give you this information: Piriform Speccy

Also, Startup info I asked for.

No Java replacement, Do you need Java? I've been running without it for over 6 months now with no problems and no software asking for it.

If you game then Java may be need, otherwise maybe not. Try uninstalling it and see what happens.

HMHU, digging through the profile was good work, I did not think of doing that.

His initial post in this thread did not mention Google Chrome, just Word and Open Office, thus my question. I didn't mean to offend and if I did then I apologize.