Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer stuck in infinite reboot

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

The other day i turned my computer on and waited for it to load but all of a sudden a screen saying windows error recovery popped up. It shows 2 options

• lauch startup repair (reccomended)
  • start windows normally

If i click launch startup repair it says windows loading files and then shows a black screen with a movable crouser. I have left screen the screen for hours but nothing happens. If i click start windows normally it just loops back to the windows error recovery screen. its stuck in an infinite reboot....safe mode doesnt work it just ends up with a black screen with a movable crouser. booting with a windows 7 disc doesnt work it just ends up with the black screen.i also try to make a windows 7 repair disk by downloading it of a different forum but it didnt work just ended with the blackscreen. i really want my computer backcry.gif

Advertisements

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

sorry about the repost, can u guys help me

Edited by TheArbitar117, 01 August 2014 - 09:07 AM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hello TheArbitar117 :)

May I ask you, from where did you download the .iso for the Windows 7 Repair Disk ? I can guide you through to create a Windows 7 Installation DVD (or USB) from your version of Windows 7 that can used to access the Recovery PE (Recovery Mode) if needed as we'll need it for future troubleshooting purposes.

What happen when you try to press F8 rapidly on boot ?

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hello Aura

i downloaded the recovery disk from this site http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/create-a-windows-7-system-repair-disc/ 

i have a windows 7 32 bit by the way

i am unable to boot in any of the safe modes. when i click them the computer loads some files and goes back to the black screen with a movable screen where i am unable to do anything.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Hello Aura

i downloaded the recovery disk from this site http://maximumpcguides.com/windows-7/create-a-windows-7-system-repair-disc/ 
 i have a windows 7 32 bit by the way
i am unable to boot in any of the safe modes. when i click them the computer loads some files and goes back to the black screen with a movable screen where i am unable to do anything.

Looks like this link is dead.
Do you have Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate or Entreprise ? Or even Starter ?

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

i believe it was ultimate. for some the link in your post works.

i tried to boot from a windows 7,xp disc but it only ends up in a black screen and crusor.

Edited by TheArbitar117, 01 August 2014 - 09:28 AM.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

Did that Windows 7 came with your laptop or not ? Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bits on a laptop is rare.

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

its a pc and it did not come with windows 7.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

its a pc and it did not come with windows 7.

Did you buy that Windows 7 or is it cracked, pirated, etc. ? It's important to know as I'll have to take that in consideration during the troubleshooting.

donetao

donetao

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

i tried to boot from a windows 7,xp disc but it only ends up in a black screen and crusor.

Hello the link you posted is not dead. You need to set your PC to boot from DVD/CD.

Can you inter in to the BIOS?

Advertisements

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

its was cracked 

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Hello the link you posted is not dead. You need to set your PC to boot from DVD/CD.

Can you inter in to the BIOS?

hello donetao 

i did set it to boot from dvd/cd and it even asked me to press any key to boot from cd dvd

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

its was cracked

Unfortunately, according to the GeeksToGo Term of Use, we cannot assist you if you're using any cracked, pirated, etc. copy of Windows or any other software.

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

Sorry about that. If you however get a legitimate version of Windows in the future and install it on your laptop, you'll get all the support you want :) (that doesn't break GTG TOU)

TheArbitar117

TheArbitar117

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

its was cracked

Unfortunately, according to the GeeksToGo Term of Use, we cannot assist you if you're using any cracked, pirated, etc. copy of Windows or any other software.

The posting of links or references to warez or any other type of illegal software is strictly forbidden. By doing so you risk having your user account terminated without warning. We will NOT help anyone we suspect of having obtained their software or services illegally.

Sorry about that. If you however get a legitimate version of Windows in the future and install it on your laptop, you'll get all the support you want :) (that doesn't break GTG TOU)

sorry the one installed on that computer was cracked but i do own a genuine version of windows 7

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts

its was cracked

sorry the one installed on that computer was cracked but i do own a genuine version of windows 7

Then in order for us to assist you with that issue, you'll have to install that genuine version of Windows 7 on that laptop.
I can assist you with the installation process.