Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7, Internet Email ONLY in Safe Mode [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I have not set anything up for UAC. I do not sign in/have a password but I  am the Admin. I am the only one that ever uses this system. Can't Download Windows updates 0%, AVG continues to update over and over. computer run s bad. Disable UAC.

Edited by everythingsm, 15 August 2014 - 12:05 PM.

Advertisements

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Everythingsm,

There is a problem with the UAC / consent.exe process in your system.  There are two different points that need to be investigated, one at a time please.

First, even though you are the Administrator of the system can you check if the following changes any of the behaviour in Normal boot mode?

Please go to Start Orb > Control Panel > User Accounts then click on Change User Account Control settings.

Where is the setting located at? (1 is the top / 4 is the bottom)

Move the slider to the top position and click OK.  The UAC popup should appear; click Yes  If the popup appeared (which it should have) then please reboot into Normal mode and see if there are any "hangs" with consent.exe.

Second, when you are in Safe Mode can you disable AVG's Firewall so that it does not start and then boot into Normal mode to test the network connection?

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I moved control setting to the TOP position NO POP UP. Machine will not shut down Cricle Spins, I must shoot down with POWER Button as usual. Boot up in SAFE MODE. No access to AVG (my understanding , which may be wrong is that it shouldn't work and i'm not protected on the Net ? so how could i diable the FIREWALL in SAFE if it is not avaible ? I may be wrong I've done this some many times in different ways). At any case I can't  access it a black screen pops up(I think this is AVG trying to sell me some BS upgrade.. great timing. Before i BOOTEd  off I had AVG wall off. I do not know how to turn it off in REGULAR Mode so that it doesn't start ?

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Is the Emsisoft Antimalware a paid version or a trial? 

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

EDIT:

By the way my EDIT didn't take. Iwas able to diable AVG FIREWALL and REBOOT into NORMAL mode. Firefox, DeskTop Programs, Itunes, Email load, Explorer AWFUL AS USUAL , WINDOWS UPDATE will not DL but looks like it trys with 0% DL. . I attached screen which I didn't see consent.exe ? were we suppose to see it ?

Here's the TASK MANAGER screen. Emissoft ... glad you asked . See I had to DL this casue Malaware Bytes(Paid) didn't seem to catch a HTLM on my system.

I went through this process   http://www.malwareremovalguides.info/malwarebytes-anti-malware-blocks-outgoing-ip/ 

that's how I got this EMissoft .  I took essesboy advice years ago bought the Malwarebyte edition.. no problems. Until I was forced to upgrade to Window 7 and I've had what seem to be more trap doors letting things in on my system. What use is the paid version worth if i'm having to get other software ?

This is why I here with Geek now... something is not right ?

Attached Thumbnails

• 15.JPG

Edited by everythingsm, 15 August 2014 - 01:10 PM.

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

So, let's uninstall Emsisoft Antimalware v9 and see what processes after that.

Just to let you know what I see, you have 5 real time scan engines running at once (in Normal mode); AVG, MBAM, SpyBot S&D Teatimer and Emsisoft AM v9 (which has two scan engines combined).  I think removing Emsisoft will shed some light on the matter.

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I've attached my Emisoft Q log. My Quaratine show 0 in the TANK.

EDIT:  This is what i've wanted to discuss with you with out moving past your pace or time issues. I didn't want to uninstall until I knew if this log ws important or what the heck was going on with Malawre(PAID).. it's odd or is it ?

Please let me know if you want me to move forward with install. I will not until you let me know.

2nd EDIT:  SOrry but want ot include. ALL I also started using AVG Tuneup(FREE) it's been changing things on my system to speed it up. Could this be a problem ?

Attached Thumbnails

• Emi.JPG

Edited by everythingsm, 15 August 2014 - 01:21 PM.

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

What settings do you use on the AVG firewall?  Is this a recent version / subscription?

Emsisoft shows that it only removed / fixed Registry keys or settings so there will be zero files saved.

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I've attached screen and usually use the GREEN/TOP. Yes receint Version.. update daily.From what i see Win 7 has a firewall which in XP I did not use win firewall but AVG instead. I have Win 7 firewall and it says it's managed by vnedor AVG(which it's offright now).

Do you want me to remove EMisoft now ?

Attached Thumbnails

• avg.JPG

Edited by everythingsm, 15 August 2014 - 01:35 PM.

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Ok, please stop editing the posts; just add another post because the way this forum software is, I don't get notified that you added anything to a previous post.

Anyway, moving on...

1) I would recommend not using any Registry Cleaners or so called Tuneup Utilities; you can actually do most of what they do manually, have better control over the process and not have any 'surprise - we fixed your computer by moving all your personal files to .....' events to track down or undo.  Please at least temporarily remove this application.

2) I was just trying to see what was affecting the UAC / consent.exe issue.  It seems that it is the AVG firewall.  If you uninstall AVG (as a test) it might be best to use the uninstaller utility from AVG ( Then we can see if the OS firewall needs resetting or anything else before you re-install AVG (if you want).

3)  I see nothing wrong with a AV and a AM program (one each) running together but in this case there are some conflicts with the 4 or 5 scanners running.  If you like Emsisoft (which does seem to run in Safe Mode also so you are protected there as well) then why not keep it and MBAM?  The choice is yours and I don't ever want to leave you unprotected but I do want your system to function for you and that is the bottom line.

Advertisements

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

1) CCleaner in not in REMOVE Programs. How do I remove ? I saw something on net 8 step process ? to I need an uninstaller ?

AVG Tune UP - Program REMOVE but it will not UNINSTALL in NORMAL MODE (Hangs does nothing) and in SAFE screen pops up saying what it's done , ask to unintall and it will not move forward.

2)I just uninstalled AVG about a month ago with thier TEch support i would like to avoid that for last if possible.

3) AVG is paid for unfortunatly(it's well before now ? What is the 4 and 5 scanner. AVG and Malware are already paid up for 1 to 2 years.

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Booted back to NORMAL Mode now programs will not load from Desk Top(Hang) can get on net but no Email. Same problem ... can't do anything.

dbreeze

dbreeze

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 2,216 posts

Ok, sorry for the delay (family matters to take care of suddenly).

Alright, so right now you have AVG (paid for) suite with the firewall disabled, MBAM (paid for) running in real time protection mode, SpyBot S&D TeaTimer running in real time and Emsisoft Antimalware v9 running in real time.  Is this correct?

Uninstall, SpyBot Search and Destroy.

Reboot the system.

Uninstall, Emsisoft Antimalware v9.

Reboot the system.

Is there any files / programs you can remove to make some more free space on the C drive?  In the logs, you were running at under 10% free and that may contribute to the hanging problems.

Also, how did you move from XP to Win7?  Did you "upgrade install" over top of XP?  Did you format the hard drive and do a clean install of Win7? 

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

I've found some things i would like for your to review. I also can see where you earlier wanted me to DISABLE FireWALL in AVG SAFEMODE. I did it and you may be right about AVG Firewall prob... except I can't delete any programs in any MODE. They all hang... very frustrating and I really don't have any idea where to go from here. I will need your help on deleting these programs. This might even save you some time in the future with AVG (info below fun stuff from the CORP and their product).

My understanding with XP to Win 7 was it was a clean install.  I used there program it collected the data, installed after formatting, and then input the data based on the easy transfer.  Is my system too old for this Win 7 ?  I want to make it work as best as possible but want to know what to expect. I wondering if something is corrupt in the registry or elswhere.

-I have no problem deleting AVG and reinstalling(since from your interpretation of the logs and the below info... I will take it up with them)

-CCleaner ... not in Programs how can I delete ? that Malawre link told me to do it... or I would not have.

-AVG Tune up... hangs ... then I have 4 to 5 consent.exes

-SPybot.. is not paid and it's not real time, I would like to keep it.

-I will look for programs to delete.

http://forums.avg.co...=show&id=234327

http://www.sevenforu...onsent-exe.html

Then I found Windows info... which has not help me. I did not do Page 1 ...  some stuff was over my head.

https://answers.micr...a3090b03?page=2

I've been off and on fighting with this situation since 7/21/14 or so based on the virus found from Emisoft and I'm about to launch this system cause I can't delete anything and I need to walk away for a while or it may happen. Thanks for your help. You can see why i've been wanting someone to look at those logs because i'm stumpped and burnt out.  Please post what you think is best so I can move forward with deleting anything and I'll look at it tomorow but if it doesn't work i'm going to message you back and go at this Monday. Let me know what you look like on Monday/Time and I'll be available. I'm still not sure i don't have Malware but you don't seem to think so and I'm only guessig at this point. And to think I was not going to be safe with XP but I'll be in the care of MICROSOFT if I go to Win 7....... fantastic :headscratch:

everythingsm

everythingsm

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

http://www.sevenforu...onsent-exe.html

This is from one of the links. I didn't want to try anything without your knowledge.

You may also have aware on your system to cause a problem!

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R#].txt) will open in Notepad for review (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

Step 2) Using AdwCleaner v3: Scan & Clean:
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again.
Click on the Scan button.
AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
After the scan has finished...

This time click on the Clean button.
Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder