Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting Projector + Screen to MacBook Pro

• Please log in to reply

Skylighthire

Skylighthire

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I'm after advice and help really...

I have a MacBook Pro. I always have an external monitor connected to it when in the office using the thunderbolt/vga adapter combination.

Next month I have an event on where I require to have a projector and screen connected externally to the MacBook, I also need use of the MacBook screen itself.

I need the external screen and projector to display the same feed from my MacBook.

Before I go buying vga splitters example I need to be sure of a couple of things:
1. If I bought a vga splitter would the MacBook recognise one of the external sources and automatically set the resolution of that source to both external sources, thus one of the sources wouldn't be the correct resolution
2. Can someone suggest what to do in this situation for the best - what to buy etc.

Thank you and I look forward to responses!

Jason

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

when you are having your event...are you doing it from the same location you usually have the second monitor connected? during the event do you really need the second monitor? the easiest suggestion is to just use the thunderbolt/vga cable you already have but connect to the projector instead of the monitor.