Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system thread exception not handled (BSOD) (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

RaYzHD

RaYzHD

• Pip
  • 3 posts

I have been getting the BSOD for awhile now but chose to ignore it. Not it has been happening more often and would like to get i fixed.

My specs are:

Windows 8.1

Intel Core i5-4570 CPU @ 3.2GHz

8GB of RAM

64 bit

GPU: Geforce GTX 650

I have also attached my minidump folder.

Thanks,

RaYz

Attached Files

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

:welcome:   RaYzHD

You have Norton AV running, please uninstall it using the removal tool here restart the computer and then check that Windows Defender** has automatically been enabled, use the computer as you normally would to see if the computer crashes, post back with an update for us.

** Windows Defender in Windows 8 and 8.1 is an upgraded version that offers the same real time protection as Microsoft Security Essentials, you do not actually need to use a third party AV software unless you specifically want to, not using one does however avoid potential conflicts.

Just a btw, yours is the second such W8 post I have answered today where Norton AV may be the cause.

RaYzHD

RaYzHD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

:welcome:   RaYzHD

You have Norton AV running, please uninstall it using the removal tool here restart the computer and then check that Windows Defender** has automatically been enabled, use the computer as you normally would to see if the computer crashes, post back with an update for us.

** Windows Defender in Windows 8 and 8.1 is an upgraded version that offers the same real time protection as Microsoft Security Essentials, you do not actually need to use a third party AV software unless you specifically want to, not using one does however avoid potential conflicts.

Just a btw, yours is the second such W8 post I have answered today where Norton AV may be the cause.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have uninstalled Norton and will be using my computer to see if it happens again. I will keep you guys updated on if it works or if I need further assistance.

Thanks,

Raymond

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

You are most welcome and good luck  :thumbsup:

RaYzHD

RaYzHD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

You are most welcome and good luck  :thumbsup:

All seems to be good!

Thanks SO much,

Raymond

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Thanks for the update Raymond  :thumbsup:

Any further problems with the same issue please let us know.