So, as far as I am aware this problem applies to only two sites and across both browsers that you use.
We have tried all the things that I can think of that might relate to something happening from your end i.e. your computer. I think it's time for you to tell the two sites what has happened and see what they can do about it. We have had similar problems in the past with sites my wife and I use. The solution in one case was just a renewal of the password in another the site cancelled our registration and asked us to register again. Some problem they were having.
If you don't get satisfaction that way then the technical people here may have an idea about what is going on. You could open a topic here if you wish.
Meantime let's have one last check before I give you the clean up instructions.
Please download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.
- Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
- Then click on Change parameters in TDSSKiller.
- Another window will appear.
- Check all boxes then click OK.
- Click the Start Scan button.
- The scan should take no longer than 2 minutes.
- If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
- If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
- A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
Please run another FRST scan with the Addition.txt box ticked and post back the two logs generated - FRST.txt and Addition.txt.
So when you return please post
- TDSSKiller log (this one may be quite long - if you wish just attach it)