Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With External Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

guilderoy2002

guilderoy2002

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi all,

I have a problem with my external hard drive. It is a 1 tearibyte drive.

I had it connected to my laptop when I was trying to create a boot sequence for Windows. I wanted to create the boot to a flash drive and accidentally selected the external hard drive.

At first the program started a format sequence on my external hard drive and when I realised my error (after about a minute) I disconnected my external hard drive in the hope I could prevent any loss of information.

My external hard drive is now not recognised when I plug it in to any of my computers.

Please could someone advise how I could fix this - I know the data on my external hard drive is still there I just can't access it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Advertisements

ranchhand3

ranchhand3

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Try reviewing this link here; it's similar to your problem.

http://www.geekstogo...ot-no-os-found/