Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with Network

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jmurra21

jmurra21

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have a particular issue, and I am REALLY hoping someone takes some pity on me and helps....

I'm in one [bleep] of a situation. First, let me tell you what I have. 

XFinity modem (internet coming in)

Linksys e3000 (running TomatoRAF)

1 desktop, wired connection. 

2 laptops - wireless

1 all-in-one - wireless

and 2 android smartphones

That is pretty much everything involved. All computers are running Windows 7.

And okay... here it is...

I'm not asking for personal advice, and if I don't explain something quite right, please don't get mad at me, I'm trying to learn and listen. 

Again, I'm in one [bleep] of a situation. 

I am the admin of my network. I have FULL access and control over the router and the modem. this is not a switched network.

I'm also very, very desperate.

Just a month ago, my wife, who controls ALL of the finances (so spending money to accomplish what I want is out of the question completely) started a new job.

Her behavior has changed drastically, and the WHOLE reason why she took the job was regular business hours, which she has not been keeping since her third day at work.  We've never had any issues, but her behavior, now, seems distant, cold, and as if she is avoiding me. Bottom line, I am worried about an affair. 

She is INCREDIBLY SMART, but has no access to the router and modem. She is also not very technically adept, but smart enough to use a separate email account or social media to conversate without being caught.

If you haven't already guessed what I am asking... I'm asking if there is any way to monitor what is being done on the machines used by her. She has become very secretive with her phone especially, and she has her own laptop to which I have access, but the history and recent places are always empty. She claims she uses incognito mode out of habit, and has for the few years we've been together. 

Asking her, confronting her, especially if I am wrong....  would lead to a divorce. I don't want to think this, but I'm being led down this way.

If someone could tell me how to do what I am asking... it would give me piece of mind. Either confirm or disprove it, either is what I am looking for. I just do not want to be cheated on, and if that is the case, I'd like to get out now.

PLEASE... 

help me. I don't know if I asked what I am looking for explicitly enough.... so here goes...

I am not aware of any type of monitoring that is possible when she is gone from home.... BUT,

while she is at home, connected to my network... how do I get to see everything she is doing? 

i know some of you may see this as cowardly, but I would not take this route if it wasn't absolutely necessary. 

Please, help me

Advertisements

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I seriously doubt anyone here can help you. I would think it'd be a major breach of our ToS

Please see the Terms of Use/Terms of Service

Part 4

Section F

"You may post content on this site, so long as the content is not: Invasive of privacy, Infringing of intellectual property rights (such as copyright and trademark rights)"

Therefore, I have reported this thread to be locked/removed.

Edited by Alan1998, 07 October 2014 - 08:44 AM.

godawgs

godawgs

Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 8,228 posts

Hello,

If you need assistance with hardware or software on the computers we are happy to help but relationships are not an area that we get involved in. I'm sorry  but I'm sure you can understand the reasons for that.

If you have any issues with the computers please start a new topic. This one will be closed as we can't help you in this instance.