Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Downloads Freezing

• Please log in to reply

doodleday

doodleday

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Whenever I try to download something, whether its a small file or a large file, it will go for a couple seconds, then stop. I tried using a 3rd party download manager and that didnt help.

Its very annoying, anyone know how to fix it?

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
I've had the same problem. Do you use Limewire?

Please lemme know.

doodleday

doodleday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I've had the same problem. Do you use Limewire?

Please lemme know.

View Post

i used to use limewire, but i uninstalled it, i still have my music folder though.

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
What program are you using while your download locks up? KaZaA? Firefox? bearshare etc.?

Edited by S A A B, 13 June 2005 - 11:26 AM.

doodleday

doodleday

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

What program are you using while your download locks up? KaZaA? Firefox? bearshare etc.?

View Post

Free Download Manager, and even when I use the "right click, save as" and the windows file downloader comes on it freezes, its with any program. i dont use kazaa, firefox, or bearshare.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
This looks like a job for your task manager. before you start a download right click the tray and open task manager and set it to "running processes" start the download and see what processes are running, make a list, when the download fails refresh the task manager and compare the two lists. Also check to see if your CPU usage changes when the download fails. This should provide you with some clues.

Another thing is both the Windows download and the P-P programs use the javaw.exe program, and there is usually more than one version of javaw.exe in your machine. You JRE has one, so does Windows. Your firewall(s) may be blocking one of these. :tazz: