Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Eliminating Malware Possibility. [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi. :)

Panda came up with 0 of 2 unkown files, and 1 of 5 elements under system cleaning, but the notepad only shows two things.

That s fine and no further action is required with regard to this. How's your machine performing now, any further issue's remaining or not ?

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Topic re-opened per OP's request...

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Thank you for reopening this, besides the comcast timeouts, I saw this one come up after we ran the above fix.

Log Name:      System
Source:        Application Popup
Date:          11/16/2014 8:14:04 PM
Event ID:      1060
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      MIke-PC
Description:
\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\PSKMAD.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Popup" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">1060</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-17T01:14:04.957968900Z" />
    <EventRecordID>356860</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>MIke-PC</Computer>
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data>
    </Data>
    <Data>\SystemRoot\System32\DRIVERS\PSKMAD.sys</Data>
    <Binary>000000000200300000000000240400C0000000006B0300C000000000000000000000000000000000</Binary>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
Date:          11/16/2014 7:54:12 PM
Event ID:      10010
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Description:
The server {E10F6C3A-F1AE-4ADC-AA9D-2FE65525666E} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="49152">10010</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-17T00:54:12.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>356289</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Security />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">{E10F6C3A-F1AE-4ADC-AA9D-2FE65525666E}</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

Thank you for reopening this

You're welcome and I hope you are feeling better.

I saw this one come up after we ran the above fix.

The first relates to Panda Cloud Cleaner and unfortunately some vendors do not digitally sign all files correctly and or ensure a supposed 64 bit application is truly compatible. I have informed Panda and hopefully they will rectify this problem with the next update. As mentioned prior either keep the aforementioned and the next update should remedy the issue or uninstall after I give the all clear.

For the second follow the advise in this article, scroll down to Verify and follow the instructions. Reboot your machine afterwards.

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Ok great, I will go run that repair.  Thank you!

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

I just checked the permissions and they are set as self, and system.  I do not see anything I need to change in order to rectify the dcom error, unless I am missing something.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

I just checked the permissions and they are set as self, and system. I do not see anything I need to change in order to rectify the dcom error, unless I am missing something.

Acknowledged, the error may have just been a one off and such can occur with windows. However I see no harm in your good self performing a:-

Startup Repair

Do so three times in a row and even if reported nothing actually repaired it can at time still improve matters. Afterwards:-
  • Click on Start(Windows 7 Orb).
  • Click on All Programs >> Accessories
  • Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
  • Click on Continue in the UAC prompt.
  • At the Command Prompt C:\Windows\System32> type in the following exactly:
  • cd c:\
  • Then depress the Enter/Return key, then type in the following exactly:
  • sfc /scannow
  • Then depress the Enter/Return key.
Note: This may take awhile to finish. When completed close the Administrator Command Prompt window, via typing Exit then depress the Enter/Return key.

Next:

Let myself know the outcome of the above and if any further issues remaining, thank you.

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

I can run system repair if you think it is necessary, I had a system crash not to long ago, and system repair would not work so I reloaded the operating system.  I did run sfc \scannow.  It is funny because my pc has always run without problems, I then start geeks to go training, and I had a system crash, and then internet issues, with all these system errors.  :smashcomp:   It needs to behave it self so I can work on the training.  When you had me flush the DNS and repair the winsock, that helped a ton.  I still get the dcom error, and comcast timed out error, but a new one popped up today.

Source:        Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
Date:          11/22/2014 7:58:50 AM
Event ID:      219
Task Category: (212)
Level:         Warning
Keywords:      
User:          SYSTEM
Description:
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&37c186b&0&STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_SANDISK&PROD_CRUZER&REV_8.02#08755215FFC19B56&0#.
Event Xml:
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" />
    <EventID>219</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>3</Level>
    <Task>212</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-11-22T12:58:50.361931100Z" />
    <EventRecordID>381797</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="64" />
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="DriverNameLength">115</Data>
    <Data Name="DriverName">WpdBusEnumRoot\UMB\2&amp;37c186b&amp;0&amp;STORAGE#VOLUME#_??_USBSTOR#DISK&amp;VEN_SANDISK&amp;PROD_CRUZER&amp;REV_8.02#08755215FFC19B56&amp;0#</Data>
    <Data Name="Status">3221226341</Data>
    <Data Name="FailureNameLength">14</Data>
    <Data Name="FailureName">\Driver\WUDFRd</Data>
    <Data Name="Version">0</Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

I forgot one piece of info, the above message only happened today. I did some reasearch and it appears to be a error on the usb when running a external drive which I hooked up today to look for a old file.  So we can disregard that one.

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

I can run system repair if you think it is necessary

Aye please do so.

so I reloaded the operating system.

Do you mean a Repair Install or a actual a reformat of the Hard-Drive and reinstallation of the Windows Operating System ?

I then start geeks to go training, and I had a system crash, and then internet issues, with all these system errors. :smashcomp:

Have you used any specific Anti-Malware tools and or custom scripts at all to further your education GeekU wise ?

When you had me flush the DNS and repair the winsock, that helped a ton. I still get the dcom error, and comcast timed out error, but a new one popped up today.

Acknowledged.

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Ok I will run the system repair today!

Do you mean a Repair Install or a actual a reformat of the Hard-Drive and reinstallation of the Windows Operating System ?

Actual reformat of the hard drive!  I think the reason it crashed was due into the fact that I was using the registry cleaner tool from cc cleaner, and a file got corrupted.  Once I started my malware training I learned to never use them reistry cleaners.

Have you used any specific Anti-Malware tools and or custom scripts at all to further your education GeekU wise ?

Nothing to do with geeks to go forum just coincdence. 

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Let me also be more specific, the system crashed after trying to do a repair install.  I can post a link here if you would like me to see that incident.  I think that was a couple months ago.  I just booted the windows disk, and tried to clink on the repair windows, and I get the following error !

This version of system recovery options is not compatible with the veriosn of windows you are trying to repair.

blue_mike

blue_mike

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

http://www.geekstogo...6-corrupt-file/

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts

The below could be due to a myriad of reasons all told and it may just be you will need to reinstall windows again and start from scratch.

This version of system recovery options is not compatible with the veriosn of windows you are trying to repair.

However there a few things we could try...follow this tutorial:-

How to create a Windows 7 Startup Repair Disk

Then once you have created the disk, use that to boot your machine with and see if a Startup Repair can be implemented.