Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is this pc any good?

• Please log in to reply

SparkleSparkle

SparkleSparkle

• Pip
  • 1 posts

graphics card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming 4GB

motherboard: MSI ATX DDR3 2600 LGA 1150 Motherboards Z97 GAMING 7

processor: Intel Core i7-3770

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB)

hard drive: WD Blue 1 TB Desktop Hard Drive

case: NZXT Technologies H440 Mid Tower case

ssd: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

cooling: Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i

power supply: Corsair Builder Series CX 500 Watt ATX/EPS  80 PLUS (CX500) 

If something is wrong or bad please tell me.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:welcome: SparkleSparkle

Your parts list is good exept for the PSU which is only a entry level one.   All other parts should be chosen, then the PSU wattage calculated and a better quality one selected.

Using an aftermarket cooler, a very important thing I must make you aware of is that you do not need the additional heatsink and CPU fan, the stock one does a good job,  and if you did use it you would void your CPU warranty, Intel are clear on this, see below;

Intel, "damage to the Product due to external causes, including accident, problems with electrical power, abnormal electrical, mechanical or environmental conditions, usage not in accordance with product instructions, misuse, neglect, alteration, repair, improper installation, or improper testing;"

Source, > http://www.intel.com...b/cs-009862.htm

Depending on what will be the main usage of the build, we may be able to help you further.

Is the rig for gaming, general use or for heavy application used for photo/video editing?

What is your budget?

In which country will you purchase parts?

What OS will you install and do you already own it, retail or OEM version?