when i scan with avast it says unable to scan some files..
am not able to do anything [Solved]
Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:03 PM
Files that cant be scanned are just that - files that for one reason or another cannot be scanned. Its not an indication that those files are suspicious or infected; it simply means that these files need another element before they can actually be opened and examined by avast! Antivirus.
Many programs (often security-related) password protect their files for legitimate reasons. Avast! doesnt know the password or have any way of using it even if it did. Once the password is supplied by whatever program is using these files, avast! will check the files when they are actually run. If it turns out that something is hidden, avast! will block it. While they are in their password protected state, the files pose no threat to you or your system.
I will do one final scan to ensure that all is well. The infections you had were adware programmes and toolbars
When we clean up I will give some tips on how to avoid them
When you say lagging is that when you use the internet ?
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here.
Double Click mbam-setup-2.0..exe to install the application. (The revision number may vary.)
- Select the language and click OK.
- Accept the agreement
- Make sure a checkmark is not placed next to Enable the Free Trial and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click on finish.
- If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
- Once the program has loaded, select "Scan Now".
- The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
- When the scan is complete, click on Quarantine All,.
- When disinfection is completed, a dialog will open and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
- Upon restart, launch Malwarebytes Antimalware and select History.
- Double click on the last scan done, then on Copy to Clipboard.
- To submit your reply, click on Add Reply, then right click on the window and select Paste.
- Submit your reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediatly.
Posted 03 December 2014 - 02:28 PM
Posted 06 December 2014 - 01:27 PM
grome is not working should i unstall and IE is not working..ether..what do you recommound..
Posted 06 December 2014 - 02:59 PM
both are saying webpage can not be display.. so i used bing instead..
Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:36 PM
Download and Install Combofix
Download ComboFix from one of the following locations:
VERY IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
* IMPORTANT - Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. If you have difficulty properly disabling your protective programs, refer to this link here
- Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
- Accept the disclaimer and allow to update if it asks
- When finished, it shall produce a log for you.
- Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
1. Do not mouse-click Combofix's window while it is running. That may cause it to stall.
2. Do not "re-run" Combofix. If you have a problem, reply back for further instructions.
3. If after the reboot you get errors about programmes being marked for deletion then reboot, that will cure it.
Please make sure you include the combo fix log in your next reply as well as describe how your computer is running now
Posted 06 December 2014 - 03:53 PM
i reset crone and it seems to be working.....please give me 24 hrs .to test it out..
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users