Well I will just give you a few suggestions, I never had that problem nor am I an expert but nevertheless I am going to try my best. OK?
Are you running it with Steam? Did you run that game before it went to Steam? Did it work then? Could it be that you have MSI Afterburner installed or another Overclocking Tool running?
A few things worth of trying if it is run from steam would be:
- Make a shortcut to the launcher and run it as admin. The launcher is probably here: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\War Thunder\launcher.exe
- If it does not work simply move the Aces.exe to the Desktop (the idea is to delete the file but we are just moving it so the program thinks the file is missing and we will still have it as an backup )and it will be automatically downloaded by the next start.
- You could also try to click the little symbol (tool) in the upper right corner of the launcher and click check files
- Another great question is: Did you reboot the computer? Please do so again after trying all of the above steps.
- Still doesn't work? Well now it would be worth trying to uninstall the game and to reinstall it. After uninstalling please reboot and reinstall.
- If it is still not working, may your Anti-Virus be blocking the exe? (It shouldn't though) You could test it by simply disabling it for a short time and try to launch the game.
Please answer all of the questions above and if nothing worked please respond, I may have another idea.
If something is not clear to you, ask there is no shame.
Edited by kingkai, 21 November 2014 - 11:19 AM.