Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD - help

• Please log in to reply

ecnalav

ecnalav

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 22:34:59, on 11/06/2005
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\csrss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2004\WinStylerThemeSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wdfmgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\MsPMSPSv.exe
C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4gui.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\RUNDLL32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe
C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\MOZILL~1\FIREFOX.EXE
C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETTINGS\SAM\DESKTOP\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C8B2A36-3DB1-42A4-A3CB-D426709BBFEB} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [gcasServ] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasServ.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvMcTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MsnMsgr] "C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger\MsnMsgr.Exe" /background
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_02\bin\npjpi150_02.dll
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://v5.windowsupd...b?1118002794014
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service (iPodService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: Kerio Personal Firewall 4 (KPF4) - Kerio Technologies - C:\Program Files\Kerio\Personal Firewall 4\kpf4ss.exe
O23 - Service: lxbu_device - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\lxbucoms.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: TuneUp WinStyler Theme Service (TUWinStylerThemeSvc) - TuneUp Software GmbH - C:\Program Files\TuneUp Utilities 2004\WinStylerThemeSvc.exe

Advertisements

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
User being helped in chat. ;)

Hey,

Please do the following.

1. Download and unzip http://skads.org/special/rkfiles.zip to a folder.
2. Boot into safemode to do this keep tapping F8 on your keyboard while your PC is starting up you will get a menu select safemode.
3. While in safemode go to the folder you unzipped rkfiles to and run rkfiles.bat. It will take a long time and it will make a log log.txt. Reboot into normal mode and post that log here in a reply.

Good luck! :tazz:

B

ecnalav

ecnalav

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
C:\Documents and Settings\Sam\Desktop\Computer help

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FILES FOUND BY THIS METHOD ARE NOT BAD FILES, THERE MIGHT BE LEGIT FILES LISTED AND PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHILE FIXING. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF WHAT IT IS LEAVE THEM ALONE.
Files Found in system Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dfrg.msc: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAwGpEc213

Files Found in all users startup Folder............
------------------------
Files Found in all users windows Folder............
------------------------
C:\WINDOWS\tsc.exe: UPX!
C:\WINDOWS\vsapi32.dll: UPX!t4
Finished
bye

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hey and Welcome Back,

Well, looks like you don't have a rootkit after all. This is good, so lets move on and do some more troubleshooting, shall we? :tazz:

First off, these problems can be due to a hardware conflict, buggy system service, corrupt partition, antivirus issue, etc... So please bare with me and read everything I post here. Troubleshooting can take a little bit of work.

Faulty hardware Stop 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component.

Buggy system service Often, the installation of a buggy system service is a culprit. Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 on bootup, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

The screen will look like this: http://www.computerh...s/chsafe.htm#02 <-- You will see a screen like that and select "Last Known Good Configuration"

Antivirus software Antivirus software can also trigger this error. Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Corrupted NTFS volume A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this error. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r.

Now, how to get into the Recovery Console:

Insert the Setup compact disc (CD) and restart the computer. If prompted, select any options required to boot from the CD. When the text-based part of Setup begins, follow the prompts; choose the repair or recover option by pressing R. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot system, choose the installation that you need to access from the Recovery Console. When prompted, type the Administrator password(if you didn't set one, try just hitting enter). At the system prompt, type Chkdsk /f /r

Note: this could take a while, depending on drive size, etc...

Hopefully one of those solutions will help you out, try one solution at a time, then post back with how it went. If it's still not fixed, try another, and then post back, etc..

Good luck!! ;)

B

ecnalav

ecnalav

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
ok removed one stick of my ram, and just waiting for a BSOD now ...

if i get it, iw ill swap it with the other peice, and do the same, if i get it again- i guess that means i dont have a RAM problem, and ill go onto the other troublshotting problems ok .... ? unless both peices of ram are fualty ! ? i duno, ill go though the troubleshotting, ill get t bac to you asap !

ecnalav

ecnalav

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
The ram is faulty i have taken a stick out, and i have had no problems since!

games run without crash's, no BSOD, no crash...

Applying for a RMA now ... n will send the product back and hopefully recive a working product thank you for your help! jeff :tazz::D:D

hopefully the new ram i will recive in a few weeks, will work !

Ill get back to you with my finds !

Im guesszing if i get BSOD n game crash's again with the new ram, its defently a system problem !

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Glad to hear!! Good job! Let me know how it goes with the new RAM. :tazz:

B