Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

acer aspire screen is white all the time

acer aspire white screen

• Please log in to reply

camj

camj

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi

I was working on laptop this weekend. Several ads popped up then the ads were out of control. I only clicked to close the ads. I researched and deleted the programs that installed the ads and ran Anti Malwarebytes. During this time the screen began having lines on it and display issues. I thought it was a separate issue and when moving screen on hinge, it went away.

After cleaning laptop with Malwarebytes, things were back to normal. Laptop got put away and my husband got it out today to only find a white screen. No sound. No startup window. No cursor. Just a white screen.

Watched tutorial on how to take screen apart and check connection issues. We found everything in tact. Then I discovered on a video it could be a Trojan virus. But the laptop doesn't boot up at all, so doesn't seem to be the same issue as described on those tutorials.

But I'm unsure what to do next since I'm unable to get anything on the screen.

Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

mikes2014

mikes2014

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Hi There

Try taking out the battery then take out your power adapter then press power button down for bout 60 sec then plug back in power adapter it resets the power try it might work if you get it on i suggest running a program called speedfan and see how hot your cpu is,if its very hot and you feel you can open the computer try cleaning the fan and getting rid of dust.

Hope i helped!