Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

laptop boots slow.

• Please log in to reply

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Not sure what you mean by following my steps "blindly" btw  

With   blindly following your steps I mean I don't have to think about it :-), I just have to execute the steps you want me to do without thinking about the steps if they are necessary or not.

Advertisements

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

about deleting the avg, how can I delete it? By deleting the folder in C drive?

about disable the others things, do I have to use msconfig? I only have some things in startup, 5 items , two are bitdefender, then java, googletoolbar, and last is adobe reader.

I prefere that adobe reader and java update automatically.

About flash player, I also want it to install automatically update.

I want to disable all the rest but how? my startup list in msconfig does not show those other things, but only 5 items.

Hmmm . 

OK I found it: using autoruns hé? ok :-)

I can't found the Hp ncupdater you mentioned in the list? Never mind I found it :-)

When I uncheck + "WinRAR32" "" "" "c:\program files (x86)\winrar\rarext.dll" "10/07/2008 11:27" I receive errormessage:

error changing item state:  then in dutch a test that I will translate as good as possible: the system cannot find the specific  file.

Same error for:

+ "PDF Shell Extension" "PDF Shell Extension" "Adobe Systems, Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\common files\adobe\acrobat\activex\pdfshell.dll" "11/05/2013 10:34"
+ "{C52AF81D-F7A0-4AAB-8E87-F80A60CCD396}" "" "Apache Software Foundation" "c:\program files (x86)\openoffice 4\program\shlxthdl\shlxthdl.dll" "20/09/2013 12:50"

+ "\GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore" "Google Installer" "Google Inc." "c:\program files (x86)\google\update\googleupdate.exe" "16/02/2012 3:43"

Another erromessage: error changing item state: there is no mapping between account names and security IDs

for:

+ "\MirageAgent" "YouCam Mirage" "CyberLink" "c:\program files (x86)\cyberlink\youcam\ycmmirage.exe" "26/05/2010 3:59"

another error: error changing item state: access denied.

for:

+ "BdDesktopParental" "BitDefender Parental Control service" "Bitdefender" "c:\program files\bitdefender\bitdefender 2015\bdparentalservice.exe" "29/09/2014 12:40"

When I deselected :

+ "MP4 Source" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\BearShare Applications\BearShare\MP4Splitter.ax" ""
+ "MP4 Splitter" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\BearShare Applications\BearShare\MP4Splitter.ax" ""
+ "MPA Decoder Filter" "" "" "File not found: C:\Program Files (x86)\BearShare Applications\BearShare\MpaDecFilter.ax" ""

the first two are deselected but at the last one, sysinternals does not react anymore (at the top of the window near the name sysinternals (reageert niet) dutch for 'doesnt react', and the item is still checked. 

What can I do now? wait or stop the program?

I stopped the program,then started it again, and tried to disable the mpa decoder filter again: app again doesnt react... . hmm.

there are two same mpa decoder filter file not found c... lines, one is deselected other not and if I try it , the sysinternals programm does not react. 

I will continu the list, almost finished.

"HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\Notification Packages" "" "" "" "10/12/2014 23:47"

about this last one: I do find the same text, but date is 12-12-2014 21:42 and I cannot deselect or select it. But there is a line beneath it:

something about bluetooth software from broadcom corporation. I left it selected. 

I will reboot now.

Edited by HaraMo, 12 December 2014 - 03:35 PM.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

results:

When I first started the laptop this evening I took the stopwatch, the delay was 01:11 minutes (yesterday it was 22sec, after I disabled parenting control in bitdefender program, so strange that is it now longer?

After disabling the startup lines: delay is now : 28sec89

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

How is the computer behaving now and what settings is it working under.

Some information on adobe and Java here and here

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Well, same as the result I posted: the black screen with white arrow stays for almost 30 seconds, after this half minute the login screen appears.

Before the cleanup it took more then 1 minute.

I tried to disable the bitdefender parenting controll, but did not let me to do it, like I said in my previous post, also other things could not be disabled. Is this normal?

Can I disable this by entering save mode, and then start autoruns? 

So will autoruns also work in save mode?

I think that bitdefender is the cause of the delay. But partenint control is not used, (it's disabled in bitdefender programm), so I also want it to be disabled in the autoruns.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

No Bitdefender entries should be disabled (I missed that entry :blush: ) if you suspect that BD is the cause of the slow boot time make a note of the licence key number and temporarily uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials which you can get from here if the issue is not resolved simply reverse the procedure.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

I mostly leave the laptop boot and if I come back after a few minutes, I can login.

Today I took my smartphone and timed the delay(black screen with white arrow cursor befor login screen appear): 01 min 09 sec. Strange, nothing has changed  when the delay was almost 30 sec.

It seems it has his own life... .

Now I just want to disble all the services through save mode, instead of uninstall it.

in save mode delaly before disabling the services is: 15 sec.

after disabling the services of bitdefende and startups : delay is: (normal boot) : 12seconds.

So I think it's bitdefender?

I just want to disable parting control from bitdefender but I'm not sure I can do that using autorun in save mode? As I don't use it, maybe that is the cause of the delay? 

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

As per my reply #21

No Bitdefender entries should be disabled (I missed that entry :blush: ) if you suspect that BD is the cause of the slow boot time make a note of the licence key number and temporarily uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials which you can get from here if the issue is not resolved simply reverse the procedure.

It is most important to have AV protection as soon as Windows has loaded, this because of Automatic updates that may be scheduled + inserting USB thumb drives or any other external storage device (if used) can also infect an unprotected machine.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Yes, I will not disable bitdefender antivirus, but I only want to disable bitdefender parenting control, as this is not used.

I already disabled it in the settings of bitdefender program, but autorun shows an entry of bitdefender parental control that I cannot disable

I want to try this first, Maybe the cause is this parental thing why delay occure at startup.

Can I disable it using autorun in save mode or autorun doesnt work in savemode?

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

If you wish to start experimenting with the BD software I would suggest that you contact their customer support to see what any consequences could be, I cannot suggest anything other than what I have previously suggested in reply #21 and then #23#

No Bitdefender entries should be disabled (I missed that entry  ) if you suspect that BD is the cause of the slow boot time make a note of the licence key number and temporarily uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials which you can get from here if the issue is not resolved simply reverse the procedure.

Advertisements

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Ok, I will contact bitdefender support.

It's a paid version (internet security 2015) recently bought. I don't think they will give money back , so I hope they can solve it, otherwise I have to live with it.

Thanks a lot for you effort.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

If you make a note of your licence key number you can uninstall BD for testing purposes and reinstall it later using the same product key if uninstalling it does not resolve the issue.

Uninstaller steps and tool here

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard from you for a while HaraMo, do you still require assistance with this or is the issue now resolved.

HaraMo

HaraMo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Well, not yet resolved, but I contacted bitdefender as I said I would do, I just received an email with instructions to follow. 

But need to make some time for it.

Here are the instructions , maybe it can be of help for someone else (not sure if it will solve the problem as I did not tried it yet.

I would like to inform that if it helped or not , so if you are going to close the thread, I would not be able to.

Hi,

Firstable, check  you haven't too much protection softwares installed on your
system (for ex. one antivirus and many antispyware can make some troubles).
Check too your system is up to date by launching Windows Update. Check too
your hardware drivers are up to date too, by visiting the manufacturer website
of your computer or by using a tool to check new drivers for your hardware.

Then follow the steps explained in this link to do a disk cleanup:

Check the disk surface by following the steps explained in this website:

Finally launch a system check like explained in this link (option two):

Then reinstall Bitdefender :

- Uninstall the present version, restart Windows
- Then download the last available kit from one of theses links:

For 32 bits systems:

For 64 bits systems:

- Run the kit once it downloaded to install Bitdefender

It you still have to wait 1 mn before the Windows session opening (it's not so
long, by the way), try to disable this option, "Scan before start" you can
find in "Protection", "Antivirus", button "personnalize", tab "various", then
restart Windows.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

It would be far easier to try my suggestion;

make a note of the licence key number and temporarily uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials which you can get from here if the issue is not resolved simply reverse the procedure.