Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 login tells me password is incorrect (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

JEISEN

JEISEN

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

It's an HP Pavilion g4 lappy. It's the same password I've used all along? Now it says it's wrong.

I just tried in safe mode-got the same answer.

Edited by JEISEN, 08 December 2014 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

JEISEN,

Sure not changing anything while typing it, CAPS on when not need to be on.? Is there only one user on this PC ? Administrator user  ? Hard to fix this kind of issue for us here.

Try looking here try these steps if have Windows installation media   http://answers.micro...77-b973bfef8fac

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Gday.

Sorry to say that helping to recover password is not permitted.

• Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc. this is in the terms of agreement you accepted when registering.
  • http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

Thanks for your understanding. 

JEISEN

JEISEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

OK np

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Gday.

Sorry to say that helping to recover password is not permitted.

• Due to the nature of online help we are not able to verify ownership, and will not be able to help bypass or recover any user passwords, cd keys, license codes, serial numbers, etc. this is in the terms of agreement you accepted when registering.
  • http://www.geekstogo...tion=boardrules

Thanks for your understanding. 

Sorry, i thought so ,thanks !!

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

While we will not help you with getting around passwords we can advise you as to how you can have this resolved using legitimate means, take the computer to a reputable tech local to you or have them come to you, you will need proof of ownership such as the sales invoice, picture ID such as a driving licence/passport and proof of your address such as a recent utility bill.

jds63

jds63

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

While we will not help you with getting around passwords we can advise you as to how you can have this resolved using legitimate means, take the computer to a reputable tech local to you or have them come to you, you will need proof of ownership such as the sales invoice, picture ID such as a driving licence/passport and proof of your address such as a recent utility bill.

Recall reading that in an article too

JEISEN

JEISEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Thanks for the "help"-I honestly didn't read the board rules. I don't use foul/abusive language in posts. I don't post outside links. All I've ever done was ask honest questions. A quick look at my posts/profile can one easily access my tech knowledge. But alas rules is rules. I understand what I asked was a taboo subject. I'm a 50 year old musician-not a 15 year old high school kid trying to hack his ex-girlfriend's facebook page. But in this online world where mistrust runs wild-one can say they are anything. Why would I pay a service and need three forms of I.D. to do something that I could (and did) fix myself with a search engine search? He who lives in glass message boards.....

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

We fully understand that most requests are genuine, no one is ever prejudged and the same respectful response is always offered regardless of their tech knowledge or how long they have been a member, all responsible tech forums will apply the same guidelines however you may be correct in that someone, somewhere online will help people bypass security passwords but keep in mind that they could be helping someone that had stolen your HP notebook that may have irreplaceable personal and financial data on it, honest answer, would you be happy if anyone helped them to gain access to your stolen notebook in such a scenario.

In case there is a problem with the notebooks keyboard typing incorrect characters try using a USB type keyboard if you have or can borrow one.

FWIW: Passwords do not change themselves and malware is unlikely to change them because most malware benefits from you using your computer, not being locked out of it - is it possible that someone else has changed your password.

JEISEN

JEISEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

I think one "respectful response" would have been plenty. But four members quoted-linked or mentioned "the rules". But still my fault for not reading them. In this time of identity stealing which no one is immune to-it would suck plain and simple! I cut down the chances of the lappy getting stolen. I don't use it in public-ever. I don't take it to coffee houses. I've never left it unattended. I've NEVER checked a bank balance on any wi-fi connection. I'm way past the social media craze "look at me here-look at me there".  Most of what I do can be flash drived. So if someone does break in to house, car and gets past  the log in-they are going to be disappointed and probably return it with a sympathy card! :D No one uses my laptop but me-friends know better than to ask!!

After all this my 'problem" was rather laughable. Not a stuck key-but lack of attention.

About ten years ago I was using a program called SystemLock-or something like that. I haven't used it in about eight years. I was having a problem with my tower-unrelated to systemlock.. I took it to a place to have it fixed. He saw the SL log in screen and asked if I worked for the government??? It struck me odd he had never seen this type of program before and didn't know a way around it. So since then I've tried to do everything myself.

As to here and now-I realize those of you that help here and donate your time take it very seriously. For me, from me it is VERY appreciated. The posts I've made have been answered in great detail with either links illustrations or further explanations-just AWESOME!! I realize Y'all can only share so much of what you know for legal and moral reasons!!

Short and simple my latest "problem" was an incorrectly entered pass word. (hold for laughter and pointing-and I told you so's). I use a mix of upper and lower case letters mixed with numbers. I change the first letter every month-so I go through the alphabet every two years. So I entered this months pass word-denied-try again and again. So after getting in I find that I did not capitalize the first letter. There is a feature to put a recovery pass word on a flash drive-I just did that for the first time to avoid such things from repeating. Not a stuck key-just a stuck brain cell!! :oops:

Edited by JEISEN, 13 December 2014 - 02:13 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Glad you got it sorted and thank you for posting how the issue was resolved  :thumbsup:

Sad but true that we live in an age of mistrust and anyone can be forgiven for not remembering certain passwords or security procedures, we are all human and not bots afterall  :)

Thank you for your understanding btw.

JEISEN

JEISEN

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Welcome! NP!! Reckon you can close this one!! :wave: