- Step 1
This process will attempt to restore the system to a working state. If it does work as expected, please back up all pertinent files.
- Press and hold the F8 key immediately. You should do so before the Windows logo comes up.
- If successful, you will see the Advanced Boot Options screen like below. Use the arrow keys to choose Repair Your Computer. Press Enter after.
- Select US as the keyboard setting and click Next.
- Select the operating system you want to repair (Windows 7), and then click Next.
- Select your user account if prompted and click Next. You will then see the following:
- Select System Restore.
- When prompted, choose the latest date wherein the system was still functioning.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until you are asked to reboot.
Note: If the system is still unable to boot normally, repeat the process and choose a restore point earlier than that of the previous until all points have been exhausted.