Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dificult Issues

• Please log in to reply

Alan1998

Alan1998

• PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hey guys!

So, it's very nice to be back. But, I'm starting to have issues. Way back (Month or to ago), I was stuck in an infinte Boot Loop. I had resolved that, or so I thought. It worked great, right up until now. (This) issue has something to do with Windows SkyDrive. At one point I had 6-8 different versions of it. I don't use SkyDrive, and it's only given me issues. All Google Searches have been Pointless and do not help me at all.

The second issue, I believe is Hardware. When browsing the Web (Nothing to fancy, No YT Video's or anything), my system will lock right up, give one long and loud buzzing sound through my head set, and just sit there. No BLue Screen, no messages, can't move the mouse. Nothing. A Cold Reboot probably made it worse. Skipped loading of the BIOS completely and straight to monitor's flashing every second or two a bright white light. 

Any idea's to why this is happening?

I've run GPU-Z, Temp's report normal. Normal Load, Normal Fan Speed. My CPU is running a little hot. Normally around 29C nothing heavy. It is hovering at 34-35C. That could just be dust needing to be cleaned up.

Speccy Info > http://speccy.pirifo...pbQ0tpqqr63w32k

Please note: Due to it being Christmas (<PARTY!>) my time online may be limited.

Advertisements

anzenketh

anzenketh

BSOD Warrior/Computer Surgeon

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
Hello Alan1998,

What is the model of your Dell Computer? 

Skydrive is built into Windows 8.1 so you can not uninstall it only disable it. 

I would start with a sfc /scannnow.
  • Click on start then type in cmd.
  • Right click on cmd in the search results and click [b]run as administrator[b].
  • The command prompt should come up. Type in [b]sfc /scannow[b]
As for your web browsing issue.
  • What browser are you using when this happens? 
  • Does it happen in another browser?
  • Does the page you visit have any audio playing?
  • Are you playing audio in any other tab?

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hello Alan1998,

What is the model of your Dell Computer? 

Skydrive is built into Windows 8.1 so you can not uninstall it only disable it. 

I would start with a sfc /scannnow.

• Click on start then type in cmd.
  • Right click on cmd in the search results and click [b]run as administrator[b].
  • The command prompt should come up. Type in [b]sfc /scannow[b]
As for your web browsing issue.
  • What browser are you using when this happens? 
  • Does it happen in another browser?
  • Does the page you visit have any audio playing?
  • Are you playing audio in any other tab?

Model: A Modified Dell XPS 8500. (I changed out the GPU for a 760 after the GT 620 died.

SFC: I will run it. But previously, running it a thousand times hasn't done anything of benefit.

As for the Questions:

The browser I am using is Chrome.

No clue if it occurs in any other Browsers. I only use Chrome. IE is installed, but seldom use it.

No.

No.

Thank you :-)

Edited by Alan1998, 23 December 2014 - 02:36 PM.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

OK. So an update on SFC.

I've run it a dozen times, and it keeps returning with the same message. We encountered some issues, and weren't able to fix everything. Shall I just keep doing it?

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hello!

I know it's Christmas. But any ideas?

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi Alan, it looks like some part of the OS is corrupt beyond repair via the SFC.

So the next stage has to be a repair install, do you have either a Windows 8.1 DVD or an ISO of it?

You might find this link useful from Brink of W8 forums..

http://www.eightforu...indows-8-a.html

Edit to add, if you don't have either a DVD or ISO image, you can download one, instructions on this link.

http://www.eightforu...oad-create.html

Nev.

Edited by Plastic Nev, 28 December 2014 - 06:45 AM.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I have a Windows 8 (Not 8.1) Install Disc from Dell.. Will this suffice?

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

If you use the Dell disk it will revert everything back to factory condition only, as far as I know, (not too sure regarding Windows 8 or 8.1)

If you decide to try it, make sure everything is fully backed up as the entire drive might be reformatted which will mean starting again, plus reinstalling 8.1 too.

Although I am not familiar with Windows 8, or 8.1 I doubt if that Dell disk can carry out a repair and leave your other data and programs intact.

Someone with more knowledge of the OS may know for sure though.

Nev.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

I might ask Essexboy when he gets back from vacation if he thinks it'll work. For the time being, things are functional.

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
For the audio issue I would disable all the plugins to see if the issue still happens. If it still does I would try a different browser.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Anza, the issue is, when the audio glitches out, my system locks up. Nothing works, not even Ctrl Shift Esc works (Or the equivalent to that would be Ctrl Alt Del)

anzenketh

anzenketh

• Technician
  • 2,854 posts
I could see a plugin or browser issue locking up a entire system. Please let us know if the issue happens with another browser.

If it was hardware the issue would not just be limited to a specific application. If you can confirm that the issue happens inside of another application that would also help matters on isolating the cause.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

No, nothing locks it up. Could be  glitch in all honesty. It hasn't returned. The SkyDrive issue is still present though.

Edit: Sorry for the lack of answer. I have been quite tied up, haven't really had time to answer my PM's :-(

Edited by Alan1998, 03 January 2015 - 01:02 PM.

Alan1998

Alan1998

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Hi, actually returned today.

System locked up, was playing MC (Javaw.exe) and Skyping a Friend I hardly see. A cold reboot was needed, I had no control over the system at all. Upon returning into a normal boot (Which, was incredibly slow considering the i7 an the 16GB's of RAM in this Machine).

When I checked the Event Viewer Log files, Between just before the crash and just after reboot. A few things stand out.

Warning: File System Filter 'CFRMD' (Version 6.1, 2012-07-17T01:05:37:000000000Z) failed to attach to Volume 'Device\Mup'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC01C0016. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the Vendor.

There are also a lot of similar issues regarding the same messge, except instead of 'Device\Mup' it has Device\Harddisk(x)\DR(x)

Where x is equal to the same Number.

Any good ideas behind what actually caused this? I know mup is a a system file (mup.sys), which has me worried. Is it time for a reinstall (For the 100th time)?