Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

bluetooth?

• Please log in to reply

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

i'm trying  to use bluetooth for the first time on my laptop.

for speakers.

laptop is a inspiron 1525

vista 32 bit

i cant fined a bluetooth in windows device manager.

there is a icon for bluetooth in control panel,but i cant get to the settings.

i tried installing the driver from dell site.

i get to a point where it says something about fn+f2 that need to be pressed but that dose not seem to work.

i can fined it in bios.

i read somewher that some times bluetooth is not included in computers when u buy em'

but i have a light on the front of my pc with the bluetooth logo<icon>,its just not blinking or on.

any advice?

Advertisements

Dwight

Dwight

• PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Hi Jeffcaissie, All I had to do was turn on Bluetooth then go to start and open devices and printers

then click on the bluetooth icon and computer would find bluetooth then it would conected it.

I don't know how it is with vista.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 7720 with Windows 7 and I did not have to install anything.

I can go to Control Panel then open sound and I will see bluetooth there with setting.

I hope this helps.

Dwight

paws

paws

WTT Tech Teacher

• Tech Academy Moderator
  • 990 posts

If the Bluetooth hardware is installed in your laptop computer then it's easy and the previous post sets out the directions.
However:
Most Dell Inspiron 1525 were not fitted with the hardware necessary for Bluetooth to work when the computer was originally shipped. :no:

Here's a link to the spec for a basic  Inspiron 1525:

http://www.pcworld.c...piron-1525.html

To determine if your particular computer has it installed then take a look here:

http://www.wikihow.c...r-Has-Bluetooth

If the hardware is not installed then you will need to get a USB to Bluetooth adapter that simply plugs into a USB port.

see here:

http://windows.micro...o-your-computer

Let us know how you get on.

Regards

paws

jeffcaissie

jeffcaissie

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

dumb question? lol

do you think a bluetooth usb adapter would work,if i plugged it in one of the ports in my tv?

or do i need software or programs for a dongle to work?

its funny, like i said there's a icon for bluetooth but nothing in device manager.plus there's a light in the front but no activity.

do you think it would be a big fuss,<too expensive> to get a technician to open up my laptop and install bluetooth hardware.

i'm thinking of geting work done to it any way.

can u think of any thing i should ask a technician to check? not just the bluetooth, but general pc health and stuff.