Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wake On Lan - ASUS P5N-D?

WOL Wake On Lan P5N-D P5N ASUS P5N-D

• Please log in to reply

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

So I'm trying to get Wake On Lan to work for my living room PC, and haven't been able to have any luck so far.  I'm using the Android app "PC Auto Waker" and configured it to my MAC address.  I made sure to enable both "Power on by PCI/PCI-E devices" & "Power on by external modems" in my BIOS.  I also checked all 3 boxes under Power Management for my network adapter's settings, plus enabled both "wake on magic packet" and "wake on pattern match".

It has no problem waking up from Sleep Mode when I use the app, but does nothing when I try to power it on with the app.  Any ideas how to resolve this?  Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, I am not too sure about what you are meaning by "Power on", if you mean a full reboot as if pushing the power button, it will not work and there is nothing that can as the system is completely off. Wake on LAN can only work when the computer is in either sleep or hibernation modes.

Nev.

GhostLoad

GhostLoad

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Ah okay, thanks for the info.  I was looking for a way to power the PC on (like hitting the power button) while sitting on the couch, since I've got a remote for the TV and wireless keyboard.  Guess I'll just have to get up to turn it on.  :)