Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what do you all think

• Please log in to reply

vistasucks

vistasucks

• PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

hi all, hope you are all having a good christmas or whatever it you do at this time of year

not been active for a while as the lappy has been behaving itself for once, but now the time has come to finally replace the old donkey..

found this on amazon and wondered if anyone could offer an opinion on whether its any good or not, or point me to somewhere that offers something worth having for about the same price

happy new year all

PS..didnt know where to post this so if ts in the wrong place please feel free to move it :)

regards

nige

lappy.jpg

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

I don't like the Celeron processor. Other than that it's a Decent laptop.

I would recommend a Intel i5 processor and 8GB of ram.

I don't see anything in your price rang though.

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

thanks for the reply mate

http://www.argos.co....ber/3192609.htm

how about this...what is it about the celeron you dont like cos i dont understand these things....is it worth looking at AMD processors ?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

Still a Celeron processor. Bottom line, they are significantly slower than other Intel processors.

I don't know anything about AMD but they do make good processors. They have a Celeron equivalent which I believe is the Athlon, avoid that one.

Read here: Intel Celeron Processors

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

ive managed to double my stake money, so im going for an hp pavillon, i5 processor ( 2.4 gb-3.1 gb with turbo boost ????), 8 gb ram, 1.5 tb hard drive, beats audio..unfortunately this will come from pc world but theyre the only ones who have it in stock at the mo...all for 400 quid ( 200 quid off in the sale )...

does that seem ok for the money

vistasucks

vistasucks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts

i bought the hp pavillion....seems like a nice machine, just need to have a play and delete some [bleep] now..mcafee being one of them..

so i suppose we can consider this topic closed..thanks for the pointers ztrucker (y)

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts

That's a good computer with good specs. I think you'll enjoy it very much.