Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New HDD not recognized. (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

azul20

azul20

• PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hello,

I am trying to install a different HDD in my laptop. I have a drive that I would like to replace this with.The system that the HDD is going into is a Samsung that was running Windows 8.1. The drive is not recognized in the systems BIOS. Under the Boot tab, there are no options at all. I have the OS that I am wanting to install, on a flash drive. In the past, on a tower that didn't recognize the HDD, I was able to boot from a flash drive, and install the OS that way. During the setup process, the drive was recognized, but I am unable to do that this time. Can someone please help direct me in the right path when it comes to installing this drive, and loading the OS? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.  

Advertisements

old-fart

old-fart

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

What's the brand of the laptop?

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

It is a Samsung.

old-fart

old-fart

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Sorry azul20. shoulda kept my fingers under control. I read poorly. I was hoping it wasn't a Lenovo.

I hope someone knowledgeable will be able to help you.

Prob they'll want to know the model /. mobo et.c. The more info the better. Cheers.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

What is the model of the laptop you are installing the HDD into, i.e. > http://www.samsung.c.../NP915S3G-K04US

What is the brand/model of the hard drive you are trying to install?   A web link would be best.

azul20

azul20

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Hi everyone,

I fixed the problem early this morning. It took some experimentation, but I got the job done. Thank you anyway.

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

You are welcome.

Thank you for letting us know.