Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SOLVED: Powelik infection / trojan adclicker infection: mult popups [S

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

louuu

louuu

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

hi, my malwarebytes is popping up every few seconds saying its blocked a malicious website.  many of the popups say blinkxcore or e9967a.com.  I researched this and it looks like an infection called poweliks and Norton also reports Trojan adclicker.  ive run Norton and malwarebytes and neither finds anything.  so after doing some online research I downloaded roguekiller and it found poweliks.  I was told to run roguekiller in safe mode for it to work, so I did and I deleted the files and registry infected values it found.  but upon reboot the same infections are still there.  they are somehow re-creating themselves.  not sure what to do now as I need to have this removed from my system, please help.  and after your kind help i would be more than happy to make a paypal donation saying thanks for your time.

Edited by louuu, 28 December 2014 - 02:16 PM.

Advertisements

louuu

louuu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts

problem has been solved.  I downloaded a Norton specific poweliks removal tool and ran it.  it successfully removed everything and after reboot it didn't come back.  so everything is working again as it should and I no longer need any help on this topic.  I just wanted to post this reply in case this helps anyone.  here is the link to the Norton poweliks removal tool, go to this page and then click on the removal tool: http://www.symantec....-080408-5614-99

pystryker

pystryker

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 3,912 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.