Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Kinobo webcam not detected

• Please log in to reply

oliver65000

oliver65000

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Hi - I just bought a new Kinobo USB B7 webcam for my Acer Aspire V5-121-0452 laptop.  I have Windows 8.1.  The webcam is a plug and play that comes with no CD and is just supposed to install the necessary software when plugged in.  But when I plugged the webcam into a USB port nothing happened and it was not detected (I tried a couple of different applications).  Then I plugged it into a different USB port and I got a message that said something like the webcam had malfunctioned when plugged into the previous port and could not be used, though I was able to get a picture thru the second port but only momentarily and then that failed to work too.  The thing is I have had this exact same model of Kinobo webcam before and I used it with this same laptop and it worked then (I gave the previous one away and probably deleted the previously installed software).  Can you please help me figure out why this same brand of webcam is not even being detected on my laptop?  Thank you.

Advertisements

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, the only thing I can suggest is to try the webcam on a different computer. If still the same result it is an unfortunately bad one. The only thing to do is send it back for replacement or money back.