Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupted microsoft .net file

• Please log in to reply

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

If so.......

Download the windows installer clean up  http://www.majorgeek...up_utility.html

Remove .net framework 3.5 

Reboot the machine.

Install from here http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=39251

Reboot again.

Install http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=17851

Advertisements

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

well!! as a matter of fact it doesnt... i was able to download curse client... which i had uninstalled to try reinstalling... and that corrupt message happens... now it installed..also... when i look at my computer info.. it no longer says... 6gb ram only 4 available... the full 6 is available

Edited by canadianchicklet, 01 January 2015 - 08:13 AM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

So everything is good in the new account? Fix the corrupted account.

http://windows.micro...e#1TC=windows-7

Transfer all your data to the new account,

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

yikes... ok ill try

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ihave a question... this doesnt come easy to do this stuff im sure its easy peasy for you but not me lol... in the instructions you linked... when im copying files to new account... it says to cop and paste all but 

1. Select all of the files and folders in this folder, except the following files:

• Ntuser.dat

• Ntuser.dat.log

• Ntuser.ini.... is it just those 3... or all the files that begin with ntuser.dat... because there are a lot of them

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

All the files starting with the above ,mentioned. If you have more issues,  I will go through the process and provide you with some screen shots... :)

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

ok well.. i moved the files.. all but the ones we discussed.. and im getting a blue screen just in the new acct... it says.. system service exception... and may be because of newly installed hardware... i did in fact get someone to install a new video card.. but i didnt have this problem and its been in a week or so... i wonder.. would it just be better to wipe my computer and return it to empty and fresh... the only problem with that.. is its custom made.. and i lost my discs in my last move... however... i had someone on here walk me thru backing up my system with macrium... on my external hard drive and they said i wouldnt need my discs... what do you think... i dont know much about computers im just thinking of the easiest solution

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Hi, if you still have that Macrium back up, you can use it so long as you burned a rescue disk at the time you made that backup, do you still have that disk?

If you do, it will return the computer to exactly what it was like when you made the backup. So any new data, such as pictures music, or documents created since, copy them directly to the external hard drive first so you can copy them back later.

Let us know about the disk please,

Nev.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
Hi nev...I put it on a memory stick..I believe that's the instruction I got from you the last time...not on a disc

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

OK, don't try it just yet though as rockmilk may have other suggestions to look at first, which might get you going a bit easier.

Nev.

Advertisements

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
I have a computer friend who just offered to take my computer and fix it..so maybe I'll go that route and let u guys off the hook walking me thru this this time:) when I have no help I ask..but I don't want to take up your time away from others without help

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Thanks for letting us know. If you still have issues we are here.

canadianchicklet

canadianchicklet

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

will do.. thanks!

Plastic Nev

Plastic Nev

• PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Good news in one sense and thanks from me for letting us know. A bit of advice is to ask your friend if he wouldn't mind showing you round it as he works on it, all helps in gaining more knowledge.

Nev,