Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI radeon graphics card dead? (Solved)

• Please log in to reply

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

Sorry, can't help on this one, also I am the only member following the topic, so you will get little or no response.

Please start a new topic and be sure to give a link back here.  > http://www.geekstogo...orum/177-linux/

Let me know how you get on. 

Advertisements

hugh2

hugh2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thanks,

I'll do a bit of research and follow up if i can't work it out.

You have been a great help

Hugh

hugh2

hugh2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

OK, sorted.

Problem was leftovers from a program that loaded with another program (while i was trying to figure out where problem was in the first place) and didn't completely uninstall.

"SpeedUpMyPC 2014 (developed by Uniblue Systems Limited) is a paid system performance optimizer program that usually comes to your PC with free software using pay-per-install marketingmarketing method."

Reinstalled and re-uninstalled and errors are gone........

Any adice on how to tidy up/clean registry as it must be a mess by now?

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 7,659 posts

:alarm: I never use a registry cleaner :ranting: as they often create problems.   There are thousands of Reg keys on your computer, old, obsolete, duplicate,etc.   Providing non are corrupted in some way, they will just sit there doing nothing, cleaning them up will not make your system go faster.   

I do use Revo Uninstaller, (ideal for the problem you had) free version.   It does remove selected Reg keys for the program you are uninstalling but does not clean up the registry.

hugh2

hugh2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

noted,

thanks