Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Text to Screen

• Please log in to reply

theendofdaze

theendofdaze

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello,

What I'm looking to do is play a movie for a couple dozen people and have them to be able to send messages to a Twitter account which would Pop up on the movie screen. I think there is software that allows you to text to screen, although just by looking at the overviews on their websites, I can't really tell if you can do this over a movie.

What I'm wondering is if it would be possible to send a direct message to a Twitter account from a phone, and have the message pop up on computer screen over a movie.

Any advice or a point in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Derek

Advertisements

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts

Hello Derek and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I personally use TweetDeck as my preferred Twitter client. I just tested activating notifications for a subject and played a full-screen video. The pop-up notifications still appeared. You can activate the same notifications for direct messages, etc. You can download the TweetDeck application for Windows, or as an extension for Google Chrome. More information can be found on Twitter's website: https://about.twitte...ducts/tweetdeck

I hope this helps you. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

theendofdaze

theendofdaze

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
That's a huge help! I figured there might be a way to have tweets pop up over video, but wasn't sure how (I don't actually use Twitter). Thanks!