Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Programs

• Please log in to reply

mowpar

mowpar

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
i tried to run a disc on my PC, Belkin, wanted to install it after reformatting the pc, totally . I was not sure if I needed to or not but, in any case I could not get the stupid thing to do what was listed on it for me to do.

I decided to quit the install and forget about it. But now the Belkin is listed in programs, when I try to uninstall it, it pops up that this program does not exist, so why is it listed in my programs and will not go away? I went to a task mngr and found processing going on there for Belkin, I deleted them there but still have the Belkin listed in programs.

How can something be in my program list and yet not exist? And how can I get rid of this non-existent Belkin ghost program. I cannot try to load the info on the Belkin disc to my computer with this program hanging in limbo.

Thanks

Advertisements

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Use this addremovecleaner.exe

mowpar

mowpar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

this remover looks to be like radiation treatment, but never the less it has not cleaned my problem.  It recognizes the Belkin listing, shows it being removed from the list, but when going to control panel it is still there.  I guess if it says it is not there (program listing) cleaners cannot do anything about it.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts

Use the http://www.voidtools.com/ tool. To find all items related and then delete them manually or use file assassin https://www.malwareb...g/fileassassin/ or delete in safemode if issues arise.