Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bluetooth Problem

bluetooth

• Please log in to reply

nyyankeesfan28

nyyankeesfan28

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I am trying to connect my computer to my home theater system via bluetooth. My phone connects without a problem and plays music through the system. But when I go to connect from my computer, it finds the home theater system and says it successfully paired to it. But it didn't... Music continues to play through the internal computer speakers and the playback device cannot be changed. I have tested another computer and it successfully connects and plays music through the system via bluetooth. So after lots of research and even talking to Microsoft about it, I came across that there are some files missing on my computer that are vital for using bluetooth (see attachment). The items highlighted in yellow in the image are the files that are missing on my computer. The item highlighted in the light pink indicates that that file is infected with possible malware, even though my anti-virus program has found nothing. It seems as if this malware that may be on my computer has also deleted this files needed for bluetooth to function properly. Where can I get these missing files from??

Thanks in advance!!

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,598 posts
  • MVP

Would help if you had read the top post in the forum before posting but the file in pink is probably not malware - just not signed.  Submit it to virustotal.com to be sure.  The missing files are all part of the Qualcomm Atheros bluetooth driver.  Perhaps they were eaten by your anti-virus?  If I knew what version of Windows you had (vista, 7, 8) 32 or 64 bit and the make and model number of your PC I could probably tell you where to get them.