Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Emoticons / Smilies

• Please log in to reply

veryveryjoyful

veryveryjoyful

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I love the clickable smilies/emoticons on Geeks to Go. I would like to use many of them elsewhere, like in chat on Pogo when I play games.

Pogo has a few smilies and I know the character codes to type for a few others (like <3 for a beating heart).

Is it possible to get/use the character codes for these 30 smilies elsewhere on internet (like in Pogo or email or chatrooms or bulletin boards, etc.)?

If so, what are the codes for each of them....or is there a site somewhere which lists codes for smilies that will display cute emoticons?

Thanks for your help. I hope this is the right forum...considered programming, but thought more people would be active in this Forum. :tazz:

HUGS, Joy

PS what is the difference between the "clickable smilies" to the left of my topic text box and teh "Post icons" beneath it? Thanks again. ...Edit: Figured it out. The Post Icons are displayed at the top of the post...the smilies are used within the text area.

Edited by veryveryjoyful, 12 June 2005 - 12:11 AM.

Advertisements

mpfeif101

mpfeif101

Member 1K

• Retired Staff
  • 1,411 posts
Hi there,

These icons are specific to this site or the forum software (Invision Power Board). You'd have to hotlink to the images if you wanted to use them (which we don't want you to do). Just use the ones given on the software or forum you use.