Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Limited connection when trying to connect to the internet (Resolved)

• Please log in to reply

Sigdoh

Sigdoh

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

The internet isn't working on my computer, though it's working on all my other devices. I tried the Windows troubleshoot thingy and got these results:

There might be a problem with the driver for the ethernet adapter.

There might be a problem with the driver for the wi-fi 2 adapter.

How do I fix this please help ╥﹏╥

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Hi Sigdoh :)

Do you have another computer/laptop from which you can access the Internet, download a file (that I'll link you) and use a removable storage media to transfer it on your computer? Also, please follow the instructions below:

mYEYEX7.pngDevice Manager
Follow the instructions below for your version of Windows to open the Device Manager and list the Other devices present in it;
  • On Windows XP, right-click on My Computer, then go to the Hardware tab and click on Device Manager;
  • On Windows Vista and Windows 7, open the Windows Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties;
  • On Windows 8, bring your cursor in the bottom-left corner of the screen, wait for the metro preview to show then right-click on it and select Device Manager;
  • On Windows 8.1, right-click on the Windows logo in the bottom-left corner of the screen and select Device Manager;
  • From the System window, click on Device Manager in the left pane;
  • List every devices showing under Other devices. If nothing shows, you might have to click on the little arrow on the left to make the list appear;

Sigdoh

Sigdoh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Yes, I have another computer, and yes, I have a usb flash drive. :yes:

This a screenshot of Device Manager: http://i62.tinypic.com/28bf91i.jpg

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Looks like you have a lot of conflict due to adapters from VirtualBox. Can you uninstall the program for the moment, then restart your computer and give me a new screenshot from the Device Manager please?

Sigdoh

Sigdoh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Okay but I can't uninstall it.. D: Didn't find the programs in Programs and Features so I just deleted the program folder as well as this http://dottech.org/1...ers-on-windows/ but device manger still looks the same.. .-.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
You should had told me that before deleting everything, I would have told you how to uninstall it despite the program not showing up in the installed programs list. Go in the Device Manager, then right-click on each of the device under Network Adapters that have VirtualBox in their name and select "Uninstall", then check the "Delete drivers" checkbox. Once you're done, you should have 3 devices left only: Microsoft Kernel, Netgear Winda3100 (the 2nd one) and Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller. Restart your computer after that.

Sigdoh

Sigdoh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
Oops, I'm so sorry about that. Anyway, the driver won't uninstall. As soon as I click ok, the windows flashes for a second and nothing happens.. :/

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
What you could try to do, is to reinstall VirtualBox, then uninstall it properly via the control panel. If you don't have the installer, download it from another computer and transfer it via an USB drive.

Sigdoh

Sigdoh

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Thank you so much! :D I just installed virtualbox and the internet worked again! (Also delete it again because I didn't use it anymore) I owe you one! :P

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
No problem Sigdoh, have a good day! :)