What CMD are you talking about?
As far as search programs go: http://www.techsuppo...rch-utility.htm
Have we done a check disk recently?
1. Double-click My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check. C:
2. Click Properties, and then click Tools.
3. Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed,
4. Check both boxes and then click Start.
You will receive the following message:
The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?
Click Yes to schedule the disk check, but don't restart yet.
Right click on (My) Computer and select Manage (Continue) Then the Event Viewer. Next select Windows Logs. Right click on System and Clear Log, Clear. Repeat for Application. Reboot. The disk check will run and will probably take an hour or more to finish.
Start, All Programs, Accessories then right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator. Then type (with an Enter after each line).
(SPACE after sfc. This will check your critical system files. Does this finish without complaint? IF it says it couldn't fix everything then:
Copy the next two lines:
findstr /c:"[SR]" \windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log > \windows\logs\cbs\junk.txt
Start, All Programs, Accessories, right click on Command Prompt and Run as Administrator, Continue. Right click and Paste or Edit then Paste and the copied line should appear.
Hit Enter if notepad does not open. Copy and paste the text from notepad into a reply. Close nOtepad. Close the Command Window.
1. Please download the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso
and save it to your Desktop:
2. Right-click VEW.exe and Run AS Administrator
3. Under 'Select log to query', select:
4. Under 'Select type to list', select:
Then use the 'Number of events' as follows:
1. Click the radio button for 'Number of events'
Type 20 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.
Notepad will open with the output log.
Please post the Output log in your next reply then repeat but select Application.