Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Intel Rapid Start Tech. Mgr. Stopped Working

• Please log in to reply

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
From there, enter the command diskpart. You'll be taken to another kind of comment prompt environment. When you're in it, type the command list volume. This will list you all the partitions present on your computer. From there, identify the one where Windows is installed and grab the letter attributed to it. Once done, enter the exit command to go back to the normal commant prompt. From there, you'll enter chkdsk /r X: where X: is the letter attributed to the Windows partition that you identified earlier.

Advertisements

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
OK - got to the list of volumes and it looks like Windows is in C; it said OS in the Label column and size was 676 GB. I entered chkdsk /r c: and got a message that the volume is in use but that chkdsk it may be run if the volume is dismounted and "ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WPOULD THEN BE INVALID. Would you like to force a dismount? <Y/N>". Do I enter Y?

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Weird that it's currently in use to be honest. Do you have your Windows installation media? You could force the dismount, it's no harm, but if there's a way where we wouldn't force it it would be better.

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I'll have to look for it.

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
I have a Dell driver & utility disc and an activation key for downloading Office 2013 , but no Windows disc.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Sorry for the delay, I had someone coming over today. Alright, then accept to dismount the drive to run the check disk.

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
NP - I realize that you do this on your own time. Running it now.

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Here are the results - wasn't sure how to capture the log while in repair mode.image.jpg

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
Alright. Now if you reboot normally, what's the status?

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Much better, but still some problems.  Chrome is working but IE still opens and then closes.  Microsoft Office programs seem to be working, but Windows Explorer isn't; I can't access files via Libraries, only via C: Users.  I also got a pop-up saying "Intel Rapid Storage Technology - Your system is reporting one or more events and your data may be a risk."

Advertisements

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
If you open the Intel Rapid Storage Technology program, do you see any error programs? Also, how many drives do you have in that computer?

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Capture.JPG

This is what Intel Rapid Technology is showing when I open it.  There are two drives, a 30 GB SSD and a 750 GB HD.

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
It seems like the SSD where Windows is installed is configured in RAID0 and that one of the partition cannot be accessed anymore. Did you made that setup?

dipaoj

dipaoj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
No - it came configured that way from Dell. I don't even know what RAID0 means or its significance . . .

Aura

Aura

Special Ops

• Malware Removal
  • 2,563 posts
I'll try to get a Technician in this thread who knows more about RAID configuration than me so he can tell you what to do, since I have 0 experience with RAID disks. Are you able to access the RAID configuration screen on boot time to see the status of the disks?

Edited by Aura, 10 February 2015 - 08:13 AM.