Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer

• Please log in to reply

pc mick is a cowboy

pc mick is a cowboy

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
:) Can anybody help. Everytime i turn on my computer i get this message saying that windows explorer has encounted an error and needs to close. Ive tried sending, not sending, debugging it but evrytime i get the same message and my comp is now unusable. NE ideas ????? :ph34r: ;) :tazz: :woot: ;) ;)

Thanks alot :tazz:

Email address removed for users' protection

Edited by Kat, 05 December 2005 - 12:12 PM.

Advertisements

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Can you get your Task Manager up? If you can, write down all the processes and post here. After doing so, we will probably be able to help you further. Also, you should probably try booting into safe mode. To do this, keep tapping F8 while your computer is starting up. You will/should be able to use the basic computer functions, and maybe troubleshoot a bit.

-SkyHi

pc mick is a cowboy

pc mick is a cowboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
ye ill try to post the processes up here. Iz there anyway ov copying them all without typing out each individual one ??

:tazz: ;) ;) :tazz: ;) :)

SkyHi

SkyHi

• PipPip
  • 65 posts
Not that I know of. However, if you can take a screen shot.. But I don't see how you'd copy it to anything. So you'll probably have to write them down, sorry. :tazz:

-SkyHi

pc mick is a cowboy

pc mick is a cowboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanx ne way bt i called out sum guy hu charged me £30 b'cuz the system was corrupt.......... ..I.. sum how i think ive been had ..I.. wt an [bleep]

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
There's a way of copying them without having to type them out. When task manager is up and you have the view of processes hit Alt+Print Screen, that will put the image of Task Manager into clipboard, then open Paint and go Edit>Paste, then save the file as a jpeg. Then just upload the jpeg as an attachment to your post. You may need to scroll Task Manager and repeat the process to get all the processes to show, but it's a lot simpler than typing it out. :tazz:

Edited by Tyger, 18 June 2005 - 01:27 PM.