Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezing/Bluescreening with buzzing sound (Resolved)

Best Answer MrPerson , 05 April 2015 - 02:35 AM

oh, very sorry for not posting. yes, ever since I re-seated the RAM it has been working exactly as it used to. No problems anymore. Not entirely sure why the RAM was the problem, as I haven't touch... Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply

Fusionbomb

Fusionbomb

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts

It probably won't help, but something to try:

click Start

in the search bar, type: msconfig

click msconfig

Click the Boot tab, and then click the Advanced Options button.

In that window, there is a setting for Maximum Memory - Make sure the checkbox for it is clear (not checked), then reboot your computer.

Advertisements

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

well, since my last report I have not had a problem, but just a half hour ago it bluescreened with the error Memory_Management.

Strange thing is that I have not touched the PC at all internally, and I have no new programs or anything installed, just using the ones I have had before.

I had the PC on for about a n hour after I got home from work, and had just launched Guild Wars 2 and had been playing it for about 20 min, then it gave me a bsod with that above error. any help would be nice, if you can

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

And it just happened a few moments ago again, oddly enough as I was checking to see if i had gotten any replies to the thread yet. It was Memory_Management again. I am trying to upload the dump files, but it says I am not allowed to :(

Edited by MrPerson, 15 March 2015 - 12:50 PM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Have you tried a system restore point that is before this latest episode.

Are you following the steps below when trying to upload your dump file/s.

1. Copy any dmp files from C:\Windows\Minidump onto the desktop.
2. Select all of them, right-click on one, and click on Send To> New Compressed (zipped) Folder.
3. Upload the zip folder using the Attach button, bottom left of the dialogue input box 

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Right....I should have thought of Zipping them up....well, here they are

I just got another BSOD a few minutes ago that just said system_Serv, and before that, once my PC would get to the desktop it would just Freeze up twice. No errors, no bluescreen, just freeze up. I used it and played games on it all day yesterday, its still weird how random these errors are

Attached Files

Edited by MrPerson, 17 March 2015 - 11:37 AM.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Have you tried a system restore point that is before this latest episode.

?

Turn off Windows Defender, open the program and click on Options. go to Administrator options and uncheck the Use Windows Defender box. Make sure that you click and save.

You have Iobit junkware installed, get shut of it as it is useless, see blog by respected author miek here 

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

Which Iobit programs specifically should I uninstall? Just the registry cleaners? The only programs I use for Antivirus/malware are windows defender and the iobit programs and I have never had any viruses or malware, and I browse the internet a LOT. And just wondering, what is wrong with defender? why should I turn it off?

about 3 hours after the first paragraph here, I am now starting to freeeze up with a buzzing sound from the speakers with no errors again, and its starting to make me mad. it had stopped doing it for a few months, and now it just came back. very annoying, gonna google how to use a restore point. Hope it doesn't take too long

Edited by MrPerson, 17 March 2015 - 05:48 PM.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

well I tried having it do a restore point, and after like 10 min of it sitting there saying initializing restore point, my computer bluescreens. Its happening every 15 min now instead of a couple times a day. What is going on? Here are some more dump files

Attached Files

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Polite reminder;

Tip

If you have something to add while waiting for a reply use the edit tab – bottom right of the dialogue input box and this will ensure that no information that you provide is overlooked (this can happen if your topic has more than one page)  

The use of any Iobit software is not recommended so I suggest that you uninstall all Iobit software.

The latest dump points towards Guild Wars, Nvidea and a Windows issue meaning that they may be conflicting with each other, we could do with taking a look at what software etc you have installed, uninstall everything related to Iobit then post a Speccy report url for us;

Download then run Speccy (free) and post the resultant url for us, details here,  this will provide us with information about your computer hardware + any software that you have installed that may explain the present issue/s. 

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts

here is the link to the snapshot from the program you wanted

http://speccy.pirifo...alQ41DGz5VeyHYc

so If you do not recommend using Iobit products, then what do you recommend using for anti malware, driver updates, and cleaning software that is all free without use limits? I never had problems with Iobit before, and I have had them on two computers, my brothers computer, and even my Father's work laptop uses the advanced system care portion of the iobit software

Also, I got annoyed enough and I opened the case, and re-seated all the RAM in their sockets, and I have had no trouble since. None of the sticks felt loose, but I just took them out and put them back in the same slots they were in before and made sure they were in tightly and I have been fine. I got rather mad in my last post, because I was attempting to pull an all nighter LAN party with some friends and it kept crashing, but then I re-seated the RAM and I was fine for the rest of the night, where before I was having crashes every 10-30 minutes. Weird.

Edited by MrPerson, 18 March 2015 - 07:53 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

For AV protection see canned text below;

Are you aware that Windows 8 and 8.1 both have an updated version of Windows Defender that offers the same real time protection as Microsoft Security Essentials, you do not need third party AV protection and by not installing any you are reducing the possibility of potential conflicts and freeing up resources on your computer, information courtesy of admin here

Forget driver updates, they are not compulsory and you should only install any driver update if it is to address a known issue, if you install a driver update that you do not need you may actually end up with the very issue that the driver you installed was intended to resolve, see here

For cleaning rubbish off your computer use CCleaner free which you can download here, under no circumstances use the registry cleaner.

Regarding removing and reseating the Ram, like you I would be most pleased if it resolves the problems that you are having  :thumbsup:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

Not heard from you for a while MrPerson, do you still require assistance or is the issue now resolved, an update would be appreciated.

MrPerson

MrPerson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
✓  Best Answer

oh, very sorry for not posting. yes, ever since I re-seated the RAM it has been working exactly as it used to. No problems anymore. Not entirely sure why the RAM was the problem, as I haven't touched or moved the sticks in probably over a year, but hey, whatever works :D

Thanks again

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts

That is great news and thanks for the follow up MrPerson  :thumbsup:

As ever you are most welcome  :)