Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Your favourite pc game of all time?

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Grand theft auto san andreas for pc if you have a good pc and great video card it looks better than xbox even. If you have crappy pc and graphics it will suck.

That is my favorite as of now.

Advertisements

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
Halo and RTW! For now! But I also like AOM, AOE, AOEAOK, and more!
RockyIV

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
I havent played it yet but earth 2160 looks immense.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Racing games, stratergy, and blood and guts (shooting etc)

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Is is a hard question because there are so many fantastic games.

I think i'll go with Halo.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Earth 2160 is immense its my favourite game at the moment its one of those games that i am going to play for weeks at a time.

RockyIV

RockyIV

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts
One of my friends say that he has played Earth 2160! He says it is really good! Dont know on what he is basing it on though??
RockyIV

Trond

Trond

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have been thinking about getting Earth 2160.
So its a realy good game.
I think I have to go take a look at Gamespot now then :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If you love RTS you will love everything about it, it does a take a while to play not because of the pace of play but because you will spend a fair bit of time tinkering with your vehicles, i love that though its great you can customise the vehicles for there tasks and to protect them from whatever enemy it is in that mission i was just playing and had to refit all my units with anti chemical armour instead of reflective armour and check out all the new toys i just researched. And it looks just great the day night cycle is good as well sometimes it can be done badly where it just goes dark really quickly but you can actually follow the shadows of the vehicles round and the metal effects are good quite like the doom 3 metal effects not as detailedobviously as doom 3 but very nice none the less, unbelievable for an RTS game anyways.

Its just so great im still only half way through the first out of four campaigns and i have bee playing it for a few days solid now, and it isnt easy either alot of RTS it isnt easy but its almost never impossible it took me a coupole of tries to do the last mission you have to collect lots of resources to build an uber cannon and then you are left with none yourself to take out the enemy so you have to be really careful or you run out of units i have never had to sell buildings for cash in an RTS before tool me 3 goes to get it right.

Im blathering on its absolutely great im completly enjoying it, and its going to last ages so its great like that alot of games now are just far to short.(fable great but only took a couple of days to finish)

CTC_Thought

CTC_Thought

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
CS:S
Warcraft 3 + Frozen Throne
Starcraft
Diablo 2 LOD
Others

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
LoL warriorscot, I remember the earth 2140 game it was awesome. Alot like command and conquer and total annihilation mixed together. I still have 2140 in a box somewhere.

I may check it out

Warcraft

Warcraft

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Warcraft! Wacraft! And also Frozen Throne!

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Fifa Soccer :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Earth 2160 is so hard i played a skirmish i got my [bleep] whupped because i didnt have a clue how there buildings and units worked. The alien species breeds scarily fast its so cool you start with 3, 2 minuties later you have a hundred. Its great each race is like playing a different game.

I enjoyed Fable before i started on earth 2160 its was good but it was really to short, even though it was the extended version for the PC, xbox one must have really been short.

Fat2000

Fat2000

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
My alltime favorites that remain my favorites are as follows;

Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Unreal, Quake(all of them), AVP :) , Blood, Tomb Raider :) , Wolfenstein 3D, Star Trek Voyager, Mortal Kombat, and Pool of Radiance (D&D RPG) :) .

In fact, I am going to play some AVP tonight after I log off. :tazz:

Fat2000