Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Office 2000

• Please log in to reply

hagis

hagis

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, ny name is George Watson,from Winnipeg Canada.

As you can see I am a brand new member. I joined because I am having a big problem with Office 2000. First let me say I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTERS.
I somehow got into Office 2000 files and deleted some of them. (Wong now I know) when I tried to run Excel The computer just locks up. I uninstalled Office 2000 then reinstalled it, but it still won't let me use Excel.
What about this "Eraser 2000" It claims if you run it, then reinstall Office 2000, it should solve any problems. If I download it and run it, is there any chance that I will screw up my system. I;m running Win 98SE
Sorry for the long post. :tazz:

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
How did you uninstall ? Add remove programs?
was office the only files you deleted ? have you looked in your recycle bin
for any files deleted the same time if they are ther try to restore them from the recycle bin.
What happens now when you try to start excell

hagis

hagis

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
pterm,

Thanks for the reply. I deleted Office 2000, using the add & Remove, some time ago. It was just a short time ago that I saw this "Eraser2K" article. There is nothing in the Recycle bin.
When I did reinstall Office 2000, Word, Access, and everything else worked fine. When I tried Excel, it tries to load, then the computer locks up solid. I can't shut it down. I use the "Alt + Ctr + Del" and it suts down some of the problems with "end task" but stops. the only way to shut it down is to switch it off. I cant' remember what the error message was, something about "Fatal Error" and going back to the aaadministrator.

Again thaks for the help
Hagis :tazz:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
I think you should try this they are very good
Excell help
Please let me know how you go