Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bananafanafo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

edsutton

edsutton

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I'll be referring so some problems I encountered in myOriginal post

I finally got my windows update problem resolved and I wanted to let you know where I got the info to fix it. I have read that it may be caused by spyware so you may come across it again. I thank you again for helping me clean my system out this morning and I'm leaving a link to the windows update solution.

Windows Update fix

Advertisements

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I'm glad you were able to get your update problems resolved! :tazz:

I'm glad I was able to help clean your system ;)

edsutton

edsutton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I guess this is the wrong forum for this post, I Would not be hurt if it were closed or deleted. Just wanted to spread the wealth of knowledge.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I've already saved the link in case anyone runs into this problem, thank you :tazz:

But, I just have a quick question, what were the symptoms? Such as when you tried to update there was a blank page or what was going on?

Edited by bananafanafo, 13 June 2005 - 10:17 AM.

edsutton

edsutton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I went to http://www.windowsupdate.com and windows update stalled/froze while "checking for the latest version of the windows update software"

You can restart, you can clear cache, all kinds of things and nothing helps. That link contains the only thing I could get to work.

It had also disabled my automatic updates since March 16.

Also, the windows update support page on Microsoft.com says it may have something to do with zone alarm firewall settings, however I don't have zone alarm.

[edit] Thank you! :tazz:

Edited by bananafanafo, 17 June 2005 - 02:30 AM.