Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I`m lost - looking for Minority Style Mouse Replacement Gadget

• Please log in to reply

ElGrandeCharles

ElGrandeCharles

• Pip
  • 1 posts

*minority report style it should have said in the title

Dear friends,

I have an injury on my hand and therfore thought about replacing my mouse with ..well..something.

It is 2015 by now (already) and I thought maybe there are some minority-report-like gadgets on the market already.

I was looking for something like a "mouse glove"?

The research on google was rather frustrating (and pretty strange as well) or else I would not have ended up registering here.

The ONLY product I found was this one:

ION WIRELESS Air Mouse

It was first released in 2010 it seems but I can´t find any site where it is not "Out of stock" and all sites affiliated with the "Mouse glove" seemed to have anished or linking to random stuff.

Now my obvious question is:

Does any of you clever minds to know of a product like this one which is already on the market? or any other extraordinary mouse replacement?

thanks in advance for helping me out

best !

ElGrandeCharles

Edited by ElGrandeCharles, 01 March 2015 - 06:42 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

an air mouse (ion isn't the only manufacturer https://www.google.c...scrl=1&tbm=shop) is probably the closest readily available item. but, they're....buggy. at least every one I've tried. they take some effort to figure out.

depending on the type of hand injury you might look in to a track ball, or a touch pad. they make a lot of different ergonomic mice that are held in a vertical arrangement instead of horizontal that are a lot more comfortable with different hand positions