Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Presario 1700 LCD signal loss

• Please log in to reply

KevinLee

KevinLee

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I have a Presario 1722.

The screen loses its data and goes to a bright screen. Everything still works. My desktop is still up and if I was playing music it still plays.

I boot the computer down and then back up with the power button and it boots OK. I can hear the Windows XP 'song'.

If I give the bottom of the case a slap it wil lsometimes bring back the display.

Any ideas what this might be.

I have checked some ribbon cable connections and they seem ok.

Thanks

Kevin

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi Kevin. Welcome to Geeks to Go. I would suspect the monitor or the graphics card is the problem. If a "slap" on the case fixes it, it is hard to issolate such a fix. Do you have video on board the mother board or a separate graphics card? You could try re-seating the graphics card if it is separate. You could try another monitor, maybe a friends and see if the monitor is the problem.