Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TouchSmart issues that I shouldn't have, need help.

Hardware touchscreen

• Please log in to reply

SirBootySnatcher

SirBootySnatcher

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Ok so I built my laptop a while back on the internet through bestbuy or something. When I built it, I selected the model of the HP Envy 17 with touch smart. I took the touch capability off to save money for other things. when I did this it kept the touchsmart screen on but sadly was not touch. so Monday or Tuesday, March 2nd or 3rd, I turned my laptop on and it started to act up at the log in screen. I went to go touch it and it was touch. I scanned my finger in, love that thing, and I was able to navigate with touch. I have no clue how it happened because when you go into my system it says no touch is installed and if you go to the human interface devices it isn't listed there either. now it did stop being touch about 15 or so minutes after. I want to get it back. I will add though, that my hinge on the left side is a little busted. the hinge itself isn't but the part where the casing connects is and it pops open when I open. this is also the reason my fan doesn't work half the time :(. The reason I say this is because I think that has some kind of effect on the screen and touch. sometimes ill be sitting there and the screen will start to zoom in and out and mess up so I have to move the screen forward or back and it stops. I know this is kind of hard to diagnose over the internet bc you cant see the broken part but id love some advice. I cant find anything anywhere else. yes windows 8. yes it is updated. thank you.

Advertisements

terry1966

terry1966

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

to be honest with a physical broken part like you describe the best thing is to get it replaced because if there is a short or bad connection being caused by it then no amount of diagnosing is going to solve the problem, sometimes it will work fine other times it won't depending on if the connection is making good contact or not which may change every time you move the laptop screen or laptop.

so my best advise would be to get it repaired then if your having problems come back and we'll see if we can sort things out for you drivers/software wise to get everything working as it should be.

:popcorn: