Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 custom build random crashes

• Please log in to reply

Expah

Expah

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I have recently built my own computer with Windows 7 Home premium 64-bit installed (specs below) and every so often my computer crashes, with everything unresponsive (cursor included) as well as when playing sound, that freezes too.

This usually happens when I'm either using the Spotify Web Player, or iTunes, but will also happen randomly. For example, re downloading programs overnight will often not install properly due to earlier crashing.

Care to shed any light on any possible situations?

I've tried to open and read my Minidump files but I seem to be having issues opening them in Visual Studio Express (attachment).

Specs:

CPU: Intel Quad Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz

Motherboard: ASRock H97M Pro4

GFX Card: AMD Radeon R7 260X 4GB GDDR5

RAM: 8GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws

Sound Card: ASUS Xonar DG PCI 5.1

Power Supply: Corsair CX750M 750W

Hard Drive: 2TB Seagate ST2000DM001 Barracuda series

Thanks in advance

EDIT: What I have done so far is make sure all of my drivers are up to date. Made sure windows is up to date, and Malwarebytes/AVG have assured me I'm virus and malware free.

Attached Thumbnails

• minidump.png

Edited by Expah, 10 March 2015 - 07:30 PM.

Advertisements