I don't see anything.
kernel security error [Solved]
Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:46 AM
OK, please do the following.
Step#1 - AdWCleaner
1. Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
2. Close all open programs and internet browsers.
3. Right-click on AdwCleaner.exe and select Run as administrator to run the tool.
4. Click on Scan.
5. After the scan is complete click on "Clean"
6. Confirm each time with Ok.
7. Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart.
8. Please post the content of that logfile with your next answer.
9. If need be, you can also find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S0].txt as well.
Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:09 AM
Nice job! One more scan and then we can fix your defender.
Step#1 - Malwarebytes Scan
- Download Malwarebytes to your desktop from here.
- Right-click on the file that is downloaded to your desktop and select Run as administrator. Answer Yes when asked to Allow.
- Select the appropriate language and click OK.
- Click Next.
- Select "I accept the agreement" and click Next.
- Click Next
- Change the install path if desired. Normally you will keep this as is. Click Next.
- Click Next again.
- Click Next again.
- Click Install.
- Uncheck "Enable free trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium".
- Click Finish
- If an update is found you will be prompted to download and install. Go ahead.
- Click the Settings button and then the Detection and Protection tab. Then check the box to Scan for rootkits. as shown below.
- Click the Scan button at the top of the form and then click Start Scan button and let complete.
- If malware was detected you can now click the Remove Selected Button. If no malware was detected you can skip the rest of these bullet items and go to the next step which is to retrieve the Malwarebytes log.
- Once the malware is removed you may get a prompt asking you to reboot. Note: Please answer Yes.
Step#2 - Retrieve Malwarebytes Log
1. Open up the Malwarebytes program again if it's not already. You can simply double click on the shortcut on your desktop that says "Malwarebytes Anti-Malware".
2. Click the History button as shown in the picture below.
3. Click Application Logs as shown in the picture below.
4. Click on the most recent Scan Log as shown in the picture below.
5. The Scanning History Log screen will open. Click the Export button in the lower left and choose Copy to Clipboard. Paste the info into your next post (Right-click your mouse in the post and select Paste).
Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:03 PM
It looks like you grabbed the Protection Log and not the Scan Log. Please retrieve the Scan Log. Thanks. See previous screen shot.
Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:30 PM
That still looks like the protection log. You need to click on the Scan log. Also look at the Date column to ensure it shows today.
Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:56 PM
Don't actually check the box. Hover your mouse over the words "Scan Log" and then click right on the words.
The Scanning History Log screen will open.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users